pcat and pharmcas

Started by crest29
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

crest29

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi
I took the PCAT and did horribly. I plan on applying to lots of schools in CA so they dont' require the PCAT but will they still see my scores through Pharmcas? Will this make me look bad because I did bad on my PCAT even if its not an admissions factor so they say...
 
I was in the same situation this past year. However, I did well in the bio and chem sections, I was in the 90 percentiles. But I totally bombed the reading and analogies sections. PharmCAS will provide all your schools with your PCAT score(s), but it's the school's choice if they want to judge you on it. Most likely, the schools who don't require it will not even look at it. For whatever it's worth.... I was rejected from the school that required the PCAT (out-of-state) and got into the school that didn't require it (in-state).