PCAT biology question

Started by bmw142920
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bmw142920

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On the PCAT blueprint for Human Anatomy and Physiology It has structure 1)cells 2)tissues 3)organs
I didn't take Anatomy and Physiology yet, so what specific cells and tissues should I know?
 
Honestly, if you haven't taken A & P yet it might be a little tough to be able to study everything in a short amount of time. There is just so much detail. Not trying to be a downer just being honest. But if you want my best advice, study the 4 main tissue types mentioned about, then study a pretty decent amount of each system in the body and the major cells that are used in every system. (Ex: Maybe know the 5 types of cells found in the stomach, etc.)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Honestly, if you haven't taken A & P yet it might be a little tough to be able to study everything in a short amount of time. There is just so much detail. Not trying to be a downer just being honest. But if you want my best advice, study the 4 main tissue types mentioned about, then study a pretty decent amount of each system in the body and the major cells that are used in every system. (Ex: Maybe know the 5 types of cells found in the stomach, etc.)
I study on both Kaplan and Dr. Collins practices, I haven't seen that much about different type of cells. Is it something I should study from a different sources?
 
Definitely know the various tissue types: Smooth, Epithelial, Connective, Nervous, etc, and how to differentiate between each type
I have seen numerous questions concerning the major organ systems: Cardiovascular, Pulmonary, Digestive (especially on the kidney, pretty detailed questions)
Know your hormones as well as the endocrine system (which gland produces what hormone and for what purpose)
A few questions concerning drug uptake...(know the major vitamins, and their different groups, and what disease arise from lack of them, i.e. scurvey lack of Vit. C)
Also a few questions arose I have seen concerning how common drugs work (birth control, blood pressure medication, etc)
 
Please anyone can guide me what are the books that I need to buy for PCAT? please tell me the full name of the book so that I can easily find the exact one on amazon. I already haveKaplan- PCAT 2014-15 strategies, practice and review with 2 practice tests .
 
Please anyone can guide me what are the books that I need to buy for PCAT? please tell me the full name of the book so that I can easily find the exact one on amazon. I already haveKaplan- PCAT 2014-15 strategies, practice and review with 2 practice tests .
Dr. Collins study guide offers multiple practice sets that very helpful.