PCAT breaks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BulsangHanNamja

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious.... do you REALLY have only one 10 min. break? Can you bring something to drink while taking the test? like... an energy drink or something

Members don't see this ad.

If I remember correctly you cannot bring any food/drink in the testing room...They are extremely strict!

BulsangHanNamja said:
I was just curious.... do you REALLY have only one 10 min. break? Can you bring something to drink while taking the test? like... an energy drink or something

eat beforehand and get something from the vending machines during the break. most likely you will use that break to take a piss or something. I doubt you will be hungry.

BulsangHanNamja said:
I think it depends somewhat on who is the proctor in your room, but mine was really interested in moving things along - I barely had time to go to the bathroom!

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the test in Oct. and the the proctor wouldn't let us eat or drink anything in the room. I did bring some snacks/water to have during the 10 min. break though. Or I guess you could get something from a vending machine nearby. Also, make sure to use the bathroom before the test because you don't want to use up any of your minutes during the test for that! I actually had to turn in my test in orde to use the bathroom and I definitely could have used those minutes to check over my work.

Good Luck!!!

When I took the exam that's how it was. Just enough time to go to the bathroom and grab a drink from the water fountain. Kind of sucked, I had a headache when I left. Did well though.
BulsangHanNamja said:

Well my situation , i walked in their with gatorade, a banana, and a cliff bar i was eating after i had finished each section. I have a extremely fast metabolism and all that thinking made me hungry. Yes to you 10min question its a ten minute break. Its not all that much but its nice to get up and walk around. If you get done early your allowed to leave and take a break but then you risk missing out on test time if your late coming back. They were more worried about cell phones, watches, and caluclators. So be prepared for the worst and then you cant stress over anything.

BulsangHanNamja said:
They let me in with my water bottle and didn't give me a hassle...however, I put it on the floor and only drank when I was killing time at the end of the sections...