PCAT classes through Kaplan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nellynel1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone out there who has taken PCAT classes? If so is it a good idea or should I just study on my own?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I have seen posts of others who have taken the Kaplan PCAT course. It's really expensive ($1200) and you still have to study and work at it, obviously. If this is your first time taking the test, I recommend buying the Kaplan PCAT prep book, which you can get at Amazon.com or BN.com for around 30.00. Study that and know it, maybe check out a few other test prep books at a local library and see how you do. I read where a lot of people have studied this way and did really well.

Good luck!! :luck:

I have seen posts of others who have taken the Kaplan PCAT course. It's really expensive ($1200) and you still have to study and work at it, obviously. If this is your first time taking the test, I recommend buying the Kaplan PCAT prep book, which you can get at Amazon.com or BN.com for around 30.00. Study that and know it, maybe check out a few other test prep books at a local library and see how you do. I read where a lot of people have studied this way and did really well.

Good luck!! :luck:
I agree completely with what Cali said! :) I didn't know that Kaplan offered a PCAT prep course though. :confused: They have a Kaplan center in my town but they only offer MCAT and LSAT prep courses though. The new Kaplan PCAT 2007-2008 has just been released and I ordered my copy from Barnes & Noble yesterday for $45.00. :cool: It is probably your best bet. Of course, there are others offered by Arco and Barron's, but the Kaplan is the best. Does anybody else have any advice? :idea: If so, I'd love to hear because I have to prepare for that expensive damn test too!

Mike

Members don't see this ad :)
When looking at the big picture $1200 isn't alot of money to spend considering it applies to a career that places you in the top 5% of salary earners in the U.S. I took the pcat twice, 1st time around I scored 72%. After taking the Kaplan class I scored a 92% and got into pharm. school. In retrospect it was the best thousand dollars I have ever spent.

I think they raised it since I paid $1299 for the class. In the mail came flashcards for the Bio, chem, orgo, and verbal section; a laminated chart that is similar to those sparkcharts you see at Barnes and Nobles; two large books dedicated to science, and math/verbal; last, a lecture book of problems (I think this is homework).

I don't start classes next month, but i'll keep you posted with how I feel.