-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pcat Composite score
Started by stargazzer
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Do schools look at your composite PCAT score or look at individual scores for admitting students? If you could, please list the schools you know of that do comp or individual!
Thanks!
In general, schools focus on the composite score but some schools have section minimums between 50 and 70.
I do have information about many schools about their considerations for low section scores but I haven't really compiled it. It would be better if you could list the schools you are looking at here.
Here's what University of Maryland says on their website (I'm not sure if they've updated it since then)
The minimum acceptable PCAT scores are set based on the discretion of the Admissions Committee and can change at any time. However, successful applicants typically have at least an overall score in the 80th percentile and a biology and chemistry score in the 60th percentile.
Sooooo there you have it =)
The minimum acceptable PCAT scores are set based on the discretion of the Admissions Committee and can change at any time. However, successful applicants typically have at least an overall score in the 80th percentile and a biology and chemistry score in the 60th percentile.
Sooooo there you have it =)
I do have information about many schools about their considerations for low section scores but I haven't really compiled it. It would be better if you could list the schools you are looking at here.
I'll bite 🙂 Anything with regards to University at Buffalo, LECOM- Erie, Campbell Univ or MCPHS (which doesn't require PCATS, but I think may accept them...)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know SUNY-Buffalo and UNC look at the scaled scores and not at the percentile.
anyone know the numbers for college of pharmacy, Glendale (Arizona)? THanks
U
ucftanaka08
I know SUNY-Buffalo and UNC look at the scaled scores and not at the percentile.
Are you sure?
Pharmcas says (for SUNY- Buffalo):
PCAT score considered: 300 - UB considers the Percentile Rank (not Scaled Scores). To determine your score, add each item under Percentile Rank: Verbal Ability + Biology + Reading Comp. + Quantitative Ability + Chemistry (do not look at the Composite score).
Im trying to get into Midwestern Glendale too....
Their site says that they have no minimum PCAT score for acceptance but the avg composite was 80th percentile. They also say that they look at any section below 50th with concern.
Best of luck.....
Their site says that they have no minimum PCAT score for acceptance but the avg composite was 80th percentile. They also say that they look at any section below 50th with concern.
Best of luck.....
Are you sure?
Pharmcas says (for SUNY- Buffalo):
PCAT score considered: 300 - UB considers the Percentile Rank (not Scaled Scores). To determine your score, add each item under Percentile Rank: Verbal Ability + Biology + Reading Comp. + Quantitative Ability + Chemistry (do not look at the Composite score).
You're right, for Buffalo, you have to add up all your subject percentile ranks (not including the composite).
As replied below, Buffalo looks at scaled scores. I'm not sure about LECOM-Erie because they've recently started taking PCAT. Campbell hasn't responded to my requests and and I haven't researched many schools that only look at the PCAT as a de facto bonus.I'll bite 🙂 Anything with regards to University at Buffalo, LECOM- Erie, Campbell Univ or MCPHS (which doesn't require PCATS, but I think may accept them...)
In other words, I don't have the specific info.🙂
LECOM-Erie's PCAT info is pretty much nowhere to be found. Oh well, I'll just have to go with what I've got.
Hey omnione, if you have a chance can you check out my PCAT scores in the sticky thread and give your advice... yours is the one I've been waiting for! 🙂
Hey omnione, if you have a chance can you check out my PCAT scores in the sticky thread and give your advice... yours is the one I've been waiting for! 🙂
Do you know if UF looks at individual sections?
Are you sure?
Pharmcas says (for SUNY- Buffalo):
PCAT score considered: 300 - UB considers the Percentile Rank (not Scaled Scores). To determine your score, add each item under Percentile Rank: Verbal Ability + Biology + Reading Comp. + Quantitative Ability + Chemistry (do not look at the Composite score).
Sorry I meant they don't use the composite but rather add up the scores in a different way.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 9K