PCAT decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shimmery

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the August PCAT is slowly coming, and I don't know what to say about the test, other than it's EVIL.

Not the point.

I never took a general biology class (taking it this fall semester), and I already took anatomy and physiology I and II.

My concern is that the first time I took the PCAT, my scores sucked....like, they were bad, I don't know what else to say to describe it.

This is my second time, but I don't know if I should choose the no score option or not, because I still didn't take the Biology class, and Microbiology for that matter, which I'm also taking in the fall.

Should I take the PCAT this August (I have been studying for it), or just choose the october PCAT?

I really don't know what to do in this case because my GPA is not that great, and science GPA wise is not good either....not THAT bad, but bad from my own point of view. PCAT is an essential part of getting accepted, but I'm kinda stuck right now..

Thanks for any help offered.

Members don't see this ad.

if you have anatomy and physiology, you'll be ok on some parts of the bio section.

i would recommend taking it now. and then if during the school year, you're not too busy with your schedule and classes, then you could take it again in october.

most schools don't care how many times you take the pcat. but pearson does. pearson will not let you sit for the pcat test more than five times.