PCAT PCAT Destroyer - Raffle and Product Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We are delighted to participate again in SDN's annual Test Prep Week. We will be offering 3 PCAT Destroyers to the winners. Good luck to all.

Orgoman PCAT Destroyer, unlike the DAT and OAT Destroyer contain problems to prepare you for the more challenging Quantitative and Biology sections on the PCAT. The PCAT Destroyer calculus topics include logs, and limits, while calculus includes derivatives, and integrals. The Biological sciences require knowledge of microbiology, associated lab techniques in addition to basic anatomy and physiology. The PCAT Destroyer is well balanced between General Biology, Microbiology, Anatomy, Physiology, and basic Biochemistry. General Chemistry is perfectly balanced between quantitative and qualitative topics and includes virtually every type of problem you will encounter. The Organic section covers everything from lab activities such as extractions and chromatography to reactions and stereochemistry. Key reactions include Wittig, Aldol, Grignard, Williamson, Diels Alder, SN1, E1, E2 just to name a few. Stereochemistry is also addressed, in addition to conceptual questions involving Huckels rule, aromaticity, resonance, and acid base concepts. Whether you are simply seeking extra help or hope to score high enough for a scholarship, give the PCAT Destroyer a chance. Like thousands of other students who have worked under the auspices of Dr. Romano, the PCAT Destroyer material will offer you success on the PCAT and help your dream of becoming a Pharmacist a reality.

Members don't see this ad.

Does this prep book discuss testing strategy also?

Does the test prep also provide information on the essay writing and vocabulary? How similar are the words provided (if applicable) compared to the PCAT test? Are there any updates for the new computer format that just came out?

I've heard that the PCAT Destroyer is almost the same as the DAT Destroyer. In terms of content, is this really the case?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long is the book (or are there books for each subject)? Do they come with practice questions in the end or are they just the readings?

Note: I have a friend who may be taking PCAT soon so that's why I posted.

Last edited:
Does this book get updated after every year or how often does it get updated? Also, how much does it normally cost to buy this book? I also like how "PCAT Destroyer" has a lot of o chem material, I have heard that a lot of PCAT prep books don't cover it well enough!

Last edited:
I have heard that there really isn't a lot of Organic Chemistry questions on the PCAT. Would the organic chemistry sections in the PCAT Destroyer be too in-depth or detailed for someone who wishes to take the PCAT?

I am a student who is barely receiving her Associates degree in Chemistry. if I were to obtain this book, would the information in it still be relevant by the time that I take the PCAT?

I am really intrigued by this study book. Sounds like a really good mix of subjects for the PCAT. Does this study guide include practice questions and/or practice tests?

Thanks!

Does this study guide contain any helpful guides with equations?

We are delighted to participate again in SDN's annual Test Prep Week. We will be offering 3 PCAT Destroyers to the winners. Good luck to all.

Orgoman PCAT Destroyer, unlike the DAT and OAT Destroyer contain problems to prepare you for the more challenging Quantitative and Biology sections on the PCAT. The PCAT Destroyer calculus topics include logs, and limits, while calculus includes derivatives, and integrals. The Biological sciences require knowledge of microbiology, associated lab techniques in addition to basic anatomy and physiology. The PCAT Destroyer is well balanced between General Biology, Microbiology, Anatomy, Physiology, and basic Biochemistry. General Chemistry is perfectly balanced between quantitative and qualitative topics and includes virtually every type of problem you will encounter. The Organic section covers everything from lab activities such as extractions and chromatography to reactions and stereochemistry. Key reactions include Wittig, Aldol, Grignard, Williamson, Diels Alder, SN1, E1, E2 just to name a few. Stereochemistry is also addressed, in addition to conceptual questions involving Huckels rule, aromaticity, resonance, and acid base concepts. Whether you are simply seeking extra help or hope to score high enough for a scholarship, give the PCAT Destroyer a chance. Like thousands of other students who have worked under the auspices of Dr. Romano, the PCAT Destroyer material will offer you success on the PCAT and help your dream of becoming a Pharmacist a reality.

darn it, I missed the 2011 PCAT boot camps for winter session already.

So what is the diffidence between PCAT destroyer and DAT/OAT Destroyer???