Pcat disscussion

Started by sekom
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sekom

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
about the essay can anyone tell me how should it be organized i mean is it 3 paragraphs or 5 paragraphs(3 body paraghraphs)?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I used a short intro [2-sentence] paragraph and short conclusion paragraph with 3 body paragraphs, all of which were previewed in the 2nd intro sentence. Planned it out for 5 minutes like Kaplan says. This pdf if good too:

http://www.studyguidezone.com/pdfs/pcatteststudyguide.pdf

Didn't really spell-check at all because I was still writing till about 1 minute left. Like every other section I really kept an eye on my stopwatch. Helps to bring a big eraser with you so you can wipe out a whole sentence FAST if it doesn't fit or maybe you're repeating yourself, etc. Almost ran out of paper on the 1st writing like omnione says.

Good enough for 4.0 and 4.0. If I had ANY idea what to write ahead of time I might've got a 4.5 or 5 but it was all pulled out of my butt as far as facts and opinions. Glad I took Comp2 last fall. Make sure your summary sounds like your intro but with a "so it can be seen that..." as if you proved your point. Not sure I proved any point but wrote as if i did...
 
Good enough for 4.0 and 4.0. If I had ANY idea what to write ahead of time I might've got a 4.5 or 5 but it was all pulled out of my butt as far as facts and opinions. Glad I took Comp2 last fall. Make sure your summary sounds like your intro but with a "so it can be seen that..." as if you proved your point. Not sure I proved any point but wrote as if i did...

I had forgotten how good I was at B.S.ing through essays... it did me well in high school and even though it's been, oh, 8-9 years since I had a comp class it all came rushing back. Surprising how much we can pull out of our butts, isn't it? Worked enough for a 4.0/3.5 for me and I'm satisfied with that. 🙂