PCAT-Favoring Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cheeseboy2

Ambulatory Care Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a relatively low PharmCAS GPA of 3.31, but my PCAT scores are Composite 94%, Bio 90%, Chem 91%.

I heard that some schools will favor the PCAT more than GPA. Is this true? If so, which schools? Obviously I'm hoping my PCAT will mask my lower GPA.

Thanks!
 
I wouldn't call your GPA low. I don't know if any schools favor the PCAT more than others, but your stats are good, and the nice composite score will definitely make up for an average GPA.

I'm in the same situation, actually, but with a lower GPA. I'm confident that I will be interviewed at most, if not all, of the schools I'm applying to.
 
Above the 90th percentile, you are both sittin' pretty.

OP: a 3.3 cgpa with a 94% PCAT will almost certainly get you interviews as long as your PS and supplemental writings aren't atrocious.