PCAT for 2018-2019 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZKpharm

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm planning on applying to pharmacy School for the 2018-2019 cycle. Does anyone know when the PCAT examinations date will be and generally how the scheduling works? I plan on trying to take the PCAT as soon as possible for the next cycle. I can't find any information on this and when I checked Pearson it only mentioned February dates for the 2017-2018 cycle. Any help or advice in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Registration is expected to re-open around March 1, so we should have specific dates around then. However, every year the testing windows tend to fall in similar windows in July, September, October/November, and January (plus an extra window in February most cycles, as we saw this year, if we're lucky :)). So you can expect there to be a few dates in the summer, fall, and early winter.

You can always try calling Pearson customer support sooner than March 1 to ask whether about more specific dates, but it's likely they'll announce around March.

Also, you can register for the February 1-14 testing window if you're ready as those scores will be accepted next cycle (and will still be good for the next few years). Regular registration is open until Jan. 17 and late registration is open until Jan. 24 (for an added $49 fee). Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
Registration is expected to re-open around March 1, so we should have specific dates around then. However, every year the testing windows tend to fall in similar windows in July, September, October/November, and January (plus an extra window in February most cycles, as we saw this year, if we're lucky :)). So you can expect there to be a few dates in the summer, fall, and early winter.

You can always try calling Pearson customer support sooner than March 1 to ask whether about more specific dates, but it's likely they'll announce around March.

Also, you can register for the February 1-14 testing window if you're ready as those scores will be accepted next cycle (and will still be good for the next few years). Regular registration is open until Jan. 17 and late registration is open until Jan. 24 (for an added $49 fee). Good luck!!

Thank you that helps a lot!