PCAT Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JOliv010

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took the practice test bio was good. Chem was good considering I have not took Orgranic, and have been teaching myself. Math was decent, but my reading comprenhsion is weak. Is there a way to improve this, I am really not happy about this since the answer is in the passage. Any techniques would be greatly appreacitated.

Members don't see this ad.

JOliv010 said:
Just took the practice test bio was good. Chem was good considering I have not took Orgranic, and have been teaching myself. Math was decent, but my reading comprenhsion is weak. Is there a way to improve this, I am really not happy about this since the answer is in the passage. Any techniques would be greatly appreacitated.

PCAT Professor gives you tips on techniques you can use. ;)

JOliv010 said:

All of the reading comprehension pre-tests I have taken, I have scored in the upper 90's. The trick is, Don't Read For Comprehension. You don't even need to know what you are reading. Read the questions first and underline words they are looking for. Then, skim through the passage looking for those words. Hunt for the right answers. I couldn't tell you what any of the passages I read were talking about, but I sure did good on the tests.

Chris