Pcat in Jan...Dr. Collins

Started by Pharmpay
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharmpay

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am taking the PCAT IN JANUARY for the 3rd time!!!🙁:scared:😕
The first time i took it was just to see how it was, i barely studied.
The second time i took it i studied the entire Kaplan 2012-2013 book, my score went up but it just isnt high enough!
Now i have 2 months to study for the January test...I need to know which book is going to get the grade i need???? i am running out of time. I am thinking about purchasing the Dr Collins, i just wanna make sure it is worth it.

**If anyone is selling their Dr collins with Jan 2012 & July 2012 updates plzzzz....send me your email!

Thanks
 
Hey, I am selling my Dr. Collins packet. It is an older version with the jan 2010 update. I used it for the July pcat this year and got 85. It's just as good as the newer editions and is in perfect condition. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks
 
I'm selling mine! I ordered it in July, so I have the most updated version. I used the Dr. Collins stuff for about a month and a half and got a 95% composite score. Definitely worth it. There were several questions on my actual PCAT that were the EXACT same questions on Dr. Collins.

Let me know if you want to buy it! You can direct message me if you do.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am taking the PCAT IN JANUARY for the 3rd time!!!🙁:scared:😕
The first time i took it was just to see how it was, i barely studied.
The second time i took it i studied the entire Kaplan 2012-2013 book, my score went up but it just isnt high enough!
Now i have 2 months to study for the January test...I need to know which book is going to get the grade i need???? i am running out of time. I am thinking about purchasing the Dr Collins, i just wanna make sure it is worth it.

**If anyone is selling their Dr collins with Jan 2012 & July 2012 updates plzzzz....send me your email!

Thanks

I'm also taking the PCAT for the 4th time in January. I'll be attending the Dr. Collins live course in Vegas. I'm also using The Princeton Review to study. I've studied with Kaplan and in comparing, I like the way the material is presented in The Princeton Review MUCH better. Not only does The Princeton Review give you the material, but they also provide strategies which, for me, is most important. It's a much easier read, in my opinion.

Good luck! :luck:
 
I will take my 3rd PCAT this Jan as well.
I had a high composite for my second PCAT, but my writing sucked, so I need to re-take it.
I bought Kaplan and few other practice exam packs and I got 96%~~
So I think, it doesn't matter which review book you used, you need to remember the material. If you have friends in life sci, or you are studying life sci, course notes is another very helpful review resource, for example I found that my physiology and microbiology notes were extremely helpful for biology section.
You also can buy some practice tests offered by pearson. they are extremly helpful as well, especially for math section.
Last thing I want to say is that if you only need a high composite, try to study hard on the part you are good at. I got 99 in both chem and bio, 97 in math, but only 54 in reading, 15 in verbal section, but my composite is still 96.
Good luck!!
 
I'm selling mine! I ordered it in July, so I have the most updated version. I used the Dr. Collins stuff for about a month and a half and got a 95% composite score. Definitely worth it. There were several questions on my actual PCAT that were the EXACT same questions on Dr. Collins.

Let me know if you want to buy it! You can direct message me if you do.
Hello CAAtexas, do you still have Dr Collins material ? If so please send me an E-Mail at [email protected]
 
Status
Not open for further replies.