PCAT in July

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychstudent1718

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I will be taking the exam in July for the first time. My highest level of math as of now is Precalculus which i took 2 years ago (and math is a really weak subject of mine), i will be taking calculus after the cat. Is the math on the exam basic math and algebra or is there a lot of precalc and calc? If there is, do you have any study tips? or advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I would start watching Youtube videos to refresh your math right now. It's a hard section for anyone that isn't a math wiz, and worst of all, it's the last section of the test, so you have to remember to save some energy for the end (which can be hard after a long and arduous Reading Comp section). I had taken up through Calc, but definitely not necessary to do well. There is a wide range of math on the section. When you're taking the exam, focus on questions you absolutely know how to do first, (you don't wanna miss easy points!) and then come back to hard ones later. This is a very dense section with very little time to complete everything. Prioritize. Start taking practice tests now and TIME YOURSELF to get a feel for it. Review anything you get wrong until you can get it right. That is true of the whole test. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user