Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

pcat in october

Discussion in 'PCAT Discussions' started by zero84, May 27, 2008.

1. zero84

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi everyone,
    I know someone already post a thread regarding a similar question, but there wasn't any clear answers. Anyways, if I take the PCAT in october would that hurt my application because it's won't be complete and schools will be in the process of reviewing applicants?

Thanks.

2. medicalCPA

medicalCPA Actually, it's medicalCPA, PhD now
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    I took the PCAT in October, got interviews at all the schools I applied to, and got accepted to all the schools I interviewed at.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. omnione

omnione SDN Pharmoderator
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Yeah, I got three interviews and three acceptances after taking only the October PCAT.

Ideally, June and August would be ideal but taking the test in October isn't a huge detriment. It is vital for you to have the rest of your application finished by the time the PCAT scores make it to your schools in late November-early December.

On a side note, the negative effect is greater for rolling admission school with earlier deadlines (like early November and before) and/or early decision programs. Still, it can be overcome with a decent application.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. inquirer89

5+ Year Member

I'm doing the August PCAT and my top choice school has an early admissions deadline on August 31st. All they need is my PharmCas application in by that date. Let's say I don't do too well in the August test. Do you think they'll let me take the October (or even January) test and make a decision based off of that?