pcat in october

Started by zero84
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

zero84

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I know someone already post a thread regarding a similar question, but there wasn't any clear answers. Anyways, if I take the PCAT in october would that hurt my application because it's won't be complete and schools will be in the process of reviewing applicants?

Thanks.
 
Hi everyone,
I know someone already post a thread regarding a similar question, but there wasn't any clear answers. Anyways, if I take the PCAT in october would that hurt my application because it's won't be complete and schools will be in the process of reviewing applicants?

Thanks.
I took the PCAT in October, got interviews at all the schools I applied to, and got accepted to all the schools I interviewed at.
 
Yeah, I got three interviews and three acceptances after taking only the October PCAT.

Ideally, June and August would be ideal but taking the test in October isn't a huge detriment. It is vital for you to have the rest of your application finished by the time the PCAT scores make it to your schools in late November-early December.

On a side note, the negative effect is greater for rolling admission school with earlier deadlines (like early November and before) and/or early decision programs. Still, it can be overcome with a decent application.
 
I'm doing the August PCAT and my top choice school has an early admissions deadline on August 31st. All they need is my PharmCas application in by that date. Let's say I don't do too well in the August test. Do you think they'll let me take the October (or even January) test and make a decision based off of that?