PCAT incident report

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eagleseagleseagles

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the PCAT test on July 17th, 2014. When my PCAT break came up, I was originally going to just pass on the break and keep going but it was a little cold in the room so I decided to take my break and just go outside to warm up. When I left the testing sound proof room, I was told I had to sign out and I did that. The lady at the front desk asked if I was done with my test, and I said “No, I’m on my PCAT break.” She didn’t say anything when I was leaving the room (and she could’ve warned me that leaving the room was a violation!). I was sitting outside for approximately a minute when she came back out and told me that I couldn’t be out there because it was a violation. I went back inside and finished my test. After the test, I was told an incident report was filed for me going outside and nothing else was explained. I understand that the rule on the Candidates Information Booklet was that I couldn’t leave the testing area but I thought I was late and decided to just skim over the rules. I believe that the proctor/ lady at the front desk should’ve warned me not to leave the testing area before I did.

Has anyone had previous run-ins with incident reports and could you please elaborate on the outcome?

I wanted to apply early-decision but if they cancel my scores, I won't be able to do that 🙁.
 
I called Pearson and she told me to write my account on what happened and email it to Pearson (and I did that)....but she says it still takes weeks for them to reply to tell me if my scores are canceled or not.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't have experience with incident reports, but I imagine that because you were not seen looking at notes, on your cell phone, etc., I'm guessing that you will be okay. Since you are in a crap position of waiting, the best you can do is continue your application as if you were going to apply for early decision and prepare for worse case scenario- retake, and regular applicant pool. If you end up in the regular applicant pool, at least you can still plan to be amongst the early birds.

Were you able to get a prelim. score report despite the incident?

Edit: After curiosity and searching SDN, you aren't completely alone with incident reports and others still manged to complete the cycle with acceptances. Search them, and seek moral support 🙂

Goodluck
 
Last edited:
I guess that makes sense. Worst case scenario would be to retake the test. I did get a prelim. report (composite-95).

I was also searching SDN for incident reports...couldn't find them and then hoped this post would give me some moral support!

Thank you for responding!