PCAT issue

Started by shaq786
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shaq786

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I register for the pcat it gives me choices of schools to send my scores to. One choice is Pharmcas and another choice is Mercer University. But wait a minute...Mercer University School of Pharmacy is apart of Pharmcas. Why would I want to send my score to Mercer when I can just send it to Pharmcas directly?

The same line of reasoning also applies to other pharmcas schools. Any help would be appreciated and very greatly 🙂
 
if i remember correctly, a school being affiliated with pharmcas only implies that they accept material through pharmcas; not that material will automatically be sent to them....isn't that right, don't you still have to pay for the service of forwarding the material? it's late and i'm sleep deprived 😛
 
shaq786 said:
When I register for the pcat it gives me choices of schools to send my scores to. One choice is Pharmcas and another choice is Mercer University. But wait a minute...Mercer University School of Pharmacy is apart of Pharmcas. Why would I want to send my score to Mercer when I can just send it to Pharmcas directly?

The same line of reasoning also applies to other pharmcas schools. Any help would be appreciated and very greatly 🙂

If the school is part of PharmCAS, then just selecting "PharmCAS" as one of your choices is adequate because when Harcourt sends your score report to PharmCAS, every PharmCAS school you applied to will have access to them through PharmCAS. Either that or PharmCAS will forward your score report to the schools you selected from PharmCAS. Hope that wasn't too confusing.
 
I also ran into this when applying.

Definitely send it to Pharmcas, without a doubt. I didn't read all directions when I first did this and had to pay extra fees.

But also check with each school you are applying to. Most schools will just tell you to send it on to pharmcas. But some will also ask for it directly (U.Minnesota). Just double check on the schools webpage.