PCAT January 5

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Kakarat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How'd everyone do?

Members don't see this ad.

Hope y'all did well, too! Glad I did well on my first try. No more studying for this!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got absolutely destroyed on quant. I don't know what happened. Felt like it was WAY more calculus than what Dr. Collins presented. Oh well. First time taking it.
Bio - 96
Chem - 72
Reading - 80
Quant - 29 (jesus)
Overall - 77

Bio 484/99
Chem 486/99
Reading 419/87
Math 423/85
Composite 453/99

Really thankful to this forum community for the tips and resources :)

Bio 98
Chem 96
CR 46 whoops
Quant 85
Composite 94

I didn't expect to do well in CR since I'm awful at evaluation and analysis, but I'm still kinda worried about it.

Just wondering...would it look bad if I got the lowest scores for bio and chem although my composite is good? Would I need to retake?

Bio: 90 Chem: 94 Comp: 98
Just trying to figure out if it's worth it to take everything again in July just to pump up my science scores. :/
I'm pretty sure you'll be fine. Those are still very good scores. I was gonna say if they're below 80 retake, but you're fine imo.

I'm pretty sure you'll be fine. Those are still very good scores. I was gonna say if they're below 80 retake, but you're fine imo.
Ok thanks, I wish my science scores were as good as yours, but then again I don't want to seem like I'm anal about my scores by retaking it.

Ok thanks, I wish my science scores were as good as yours, but then again I don't want to seem like I'm anal about my scores by retaking it.
That makes sense. There's nothing wrong with scoring better in CR and quant as long as your science scores are still good, which they are. It just means you're well rounded.

I took it Jan 4, on my son's 4th bday....needed that good juju :)

First try, Composite 97. Blew my mind because I walked out hoping for a 75 but thinking like high 50s to mid 60s..... worked super hard to prepare but just didn't get the right feeling....anywho

96 bio, 99 Chem, 74 reading, 81 math

For some reason my weakest sub was in a section that I felt very confident about leading up to the test but not on the real thing. I felt ok about bio and Chem but did not expect them to be that high, and math was tough but thought I may have scored decently

Really glad I don't have to take it again!

Great job, where are you looking to apply?

I'm looking to stick to California schools so UCSD, USC, and UCSF are the main ones. UCSF is the only one that formally requires the PCAT, but I heard (and have hope) that USC considers the score! I'll probably apply to UW, too.
Congrats on your awesome score, too!!

Bio 484/99
Chem 486/99
Reading 419/87
Math 423/85
Composite 453/99

Really thankful to this forum community for the tips and resources :)
Wow, congrats!
I'm a new member and trying to find materials to study for PCAT next year. Could you please share what you used for your recent PCAT? thanks a lot!