-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pcat july 18 2012
Started by City Boy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey any one here taking a pcat on july 18th 2012..........![]()
Post here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=133
they said
You'll get more Answers
they said
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yea man...I do not even wanna touch the book any more.......I am actually sick and tired of studying for pcat......anyways could you do me a favor ..........when you take the exam give me some tips to better my preparation......I am taking it on 19. Also, let me know how similar was it to Pearson practice test.......Thanks......😉Merged identical threads
Yea man...I do not even wanna touch the book any more.......I am actually sick and tired of studying for pcat......anyways could you do me a favor ..........when you take the exam give me some tips to better my preparation......I am taking it on 19. Also, let me know how similar was it to Pearson practice test.......Thanks......😉
eat. sleep and go to the movie. That is what I plan for the next 2 days 😀
eat. sleep and go to the movie. That is what I plan for the next 2 days 😀
Thts what I am pretty much doing as well...just review some material for 4 hrs and rest of the day I eenjoy
Thts what I am pretty much doing as well...just reviewing some material for 4 hrs and rest of the day I eenjoy![]()
Hey listen If you are taking the pcat on the 18th just give me some tips
You talking to yourself now? Get some sleep man.Hey listen If you are taking the pcat on the 18th just give me some tips

Yeah, I'm hoping it isn't too bad. I have studied like crazy and am extremely nervous about the quantitative section. Finished Practice Test 1 quantitative on the 40 minute mark and got lucky with a few guesses.
Do we just get our raw score back the day of the exam? I'm assuming that's just the number correct right?
Finished the Pearson practice tests with around 70%-90% so hopefully that's how the actual exam goes!
Do we just get our raw score back the day of the exam? I'm assuming that's just the number correct right?
Finished the Pearson practice tests with around 70%-90% so hopefully that's how the actual exam goes!
1 day left
Crap... I accidently did nothing but play video games for the past 2 weeks...
On a positive note, I did create an uber rogue on Skyrim!
Less than 24 hours. I feel comfortable but nervous. Trying to just review today, not learn anything new. Reviewing my Pearson practice tests and doing some flashcards. I might actually review how to approach the essay. Can't wait to see the scores tomorrow because that will mean it is done. I am also excited to see who is there also taking the test. Maybe I will meet some future classmates! (Fingers crossed!)
Less than 24 hours. I feel comfortable but nervous. Trying to just review today, not learn anything new. Reviewing my Pearson practice tests and doing some flashcards. I might actually review how to approach the essay. Can't wait to see the scores tomorrow because that will mean it is done. I am also excited to see who is there also taking the test. Maybe I will meet some future classmates! (Fingers crossed!)
That sounds like a good idea to review practice tests the day before. I am taking my exam the 19th so I am going to do the last practice test and go over things I am still not feeling confident on. And avoiding the quant section like the plaque
And avoiding the quant section like the plaque![]()
Avoiding the quant section like the plague, or plaque? lol!
Both are pretty disgusting so - either works.. But, I thought it was a funny typo anyway.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone im taking the pcat tomorrow but am also registered for the sept pcat what score is good enough where i wouldnt have to retake? I have a 3.4 gpa
My personal standard is greater than 70th percentile. But that's just me.
What is your personal standard?
I'm so stressed I just want to get this test over with and not have to think about it again in sept but i agree anything below a 70 i should probably retake
I am so stressed - I feel like a freaking guitar string that has just been tuned to its highest note possible.
Not only am I stressed about this test, but all I can seem to think about is getting accepted into pharmacy school.
It is getting so bad, that I am having fears of simply passing out during my interview to pharmacy school.

Not only am I stressed about this test, but all I can seem to think about is getting accepted into pharmacy school.
I do this too. 🙁
I'm so anxious I don't think I can study anymore but I don't want to stop.
I do this too. 🙁
I'm so anxious I don't think I can study anymore but I don't want to stop.
What I would really like to do is go into hibernation until my pharmacy school interview, and then go into hibernation again until I get my letter in the mail.
After that point, I will decide if I wish to resume normal function or go back into hibernation again.

What I would really like to do is go into hibernation until my pharmacy school interview, and then go into hibernation again until I get my letter in the mail.
After that point, I will decide if I wish to resume normal function or go back into hibernation again.
![]()
AHHHHHHH.

Avoiding the quant section like the plague, or plaque? lol!
Both are pretty disgusting so - either works.. But, I thought it was a funny typo anyway.
My brain has shut down from so much studying!! LOL I meant plague.. but plaque works too
The worse part right now is I am studying at the library and they have construction going on underneath me and all I here is "BANG.... BANG..... BANG...."
My brain has shut down from so much studying!! LOL I meant plague.. but plaque works too![]()
The worse part right now is I am studying at the library and they have construction going on underneath me and all I here is "BANG.... BANG..... BANG...."
Hey Forget about it.....It will be over with within 24 hrs.....So just take some deep breaths......Nervousness is Good but not too much....I am also a little nervous but I am sure I be fine,,,,I did whatever I can do to prepare for the test, so what ever happens it was meant to be.........So relax......Any ways when you guys take the test just post some tips for people who are taking the exam on Thursday...only because this time they change the format of the exam...... GOOD LUCK Everyone.......

Hey Forget about it.....It will be over with within 24 hrs.....So just take some deep breaths......Nervousness is Good but not too much....I am also a little nervous but I am sure I be fine,,,,I did whatever I can do to prepare for the test, so what ever happens it was meant to be.........So relax......Any ways when you guys take the test just post some tips for people who are taking the exam on Thursday...only because this time they change the format of the exam...... GOOD LUCK Everyone.......
![]()
I am taking my exam on Thursday so I am hoping everyone from Wednesday can give me the 411 from their exam
😀I am taking my exam on Thursday so I am hoping everyone from Wednesday can give me the 411 from their exam😀
lol ditto me and you both.. but i think i will avoid SDN tomorrow (my exam is Thursday) i'm too nervous and I have one practice exam left which i plan on doing tomorrow morning. good luck with you exam on Thursday I just really hope we all do well on the exam 👍🙂
lol ditto me and you both.. but i think i will avoid SDN tomorrow (my exam is Thursday) i'm too nervous and I have one practice exam left which i plan on doing tomorrow morning. good luck with you exam on Thursday I just really hope we all do well on the exam 👍🙂
Yeah man I hope so too.....Not because I am not ready just because I am very Nervous.........Also, If you hear some thing Please post it here.......I am I just wants to know whats to expect.......

Yesssss. Good luck everyone! I'm interested in hearing some of your predicted scores afterwards too ;D
My testing center is an hour an a half from where I live, and my appt is 8:00, and there is no way I am waking up at 5:00 in the morning, so I am now spending the night in a hotel 5 minutes away from the testing center. Cost me a $100. Did anyone else do that or is it just me? Lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wish everyone the best that is taking the PCAT tomorrow!
Yes, I wish you the best, not luck. Whatever you know up until this point isn't luck.. just apply your knowledge as best you can!
Great thing is you get unofficial score reports right after the test! No waiting a month like the MCAT to get your scores back 😛.
Yes, I wish you the best, not luck. Whatever you know up until this point isn't luck.. just apply your knowledge as best you can!
Great thing is you get unofficial score reports right after the test! No waiting a month like the MCAT to get your scores back 😛.
My testing center is an hour an a half from where I live, and my appt is 8:00, and there is no way I am waking up at 5:00 in the morning, so I am now spending the night in a hotel 5 minutes away from the testing center. Cost me a $100. Did anyone else do that or is it just me? Lol
Smart decision

I wish everyone the best that is taking the PCAT tomorrow!
Yes, I wish you the best, not luck. Whatever you know up until this point isn't luck.. just apply your knowledge as best you can!
Great thing is you get unofficial score reports right after the test! No waiting a month like the MCAT to get your scores back 😛.
Really, I didn't know that, well off to bed, best of luck to everybody.
My testing center is an hour an a half from where I live, and my appt is 8:00, and there is no way I am waking up at 5:00 in the morning, so I am now spending the night in a hotel 5 minutes away from the testing center. Cost me a $100. Did anyone else do that or is it just me? Lol
i'm doing the same thing. i don't need the stress of driving right before the exam... good luck!!!
Well Good when You guys finish the exam Let us Know how it goi'm doing the same thing. i don't need the stress of driving right before the exam... good luck!!!
I just took the PCAT today and I thought it was extremely harder than the practice exams
For those who took it today--can you also share if your composite was equivalent to the Pearson Practice test composite range that you got?
just got my prelim score.
Verbal- 416 -74
Biology - 447 - 97
Reading Comp: 421 -86
Quant : 404-55
Chemistry 463 - 99
COmposite 430-94.
Quant was hard. Not impossible but hard.. I forgot how to integrate, take derivates and do trig functions quickly so I expected that. Even though I am pretty decent at math. Reading comp. they def stepped it up. The passages are a lot longer and the question are hater than the pearson pacts.. I hardly had time to finish. Biology and Chem were fair but in biology they were asking some weird questions. You had to know the structure of each base in a nucleotide.. wtf?
Analogies were fair..
do you guys think I should retake cause of the quant part? I am interested in applying to Creighton's distant pathway. thanks in advance!
Verbal- 416 -74
Biology - 447 - 97
Reading Comp: 421 -86
Quant : 404-55
Chemistry 463 - 99
COmposite 430-94.
Quant was hard. Not impossible but hard.. I forgot how to integrate, take derivates and do trig functions quickly so I expected that. Even though I am pretty decent at math. Reading comp. they def stepped it up. The passages are a lot longer and the question are hater than the pearson pacts.. I hardly had time to finish. Biology and Chem were fair but in biology they were asking some weird questions. You had to know the structure of each base in a nucleotide.. wtf?
Analogies were fair..
do you guys think I should retake cause of the quant part? I am interested in applying to Creighton's distant pathway. thanks in advance!
I used Dr. Collins packet. It wasn't that helpful to be honest.
Verbal: There were words in the analogies that I had never seen before. Some were directly off of Dr. Collins (thank you sir) but the majority were new.
Also the biology part has a lot more biochemistry than the Dr. Collins packets. I saw questions like addisons disease, PKU, amino acids structures.
Reading comp passages are longer the questions were more like whats the main idea of paragraph 2, paragraph 3, 4.. etc. So stupid IMO. Ask me the big picture I don't wanna go back and read what paragraph 2 was about.
The math on Dr. Collins does complete injustice to the actual exam. There is a lot more calc, precalc and trig. The practice exams were the closest thing to the real exam-Especially exam 3.
Verbal: There were words in the analogies that I had never seen before. Some were directly off of Dr. Collins (thank you sir) but the majority were new.
Also the biology part has a lot more biochemistry than the Dr. Collins packets. I saw questions like addisons disease, PKU, amino acids structures.
Reading comp passages are longer the questions were more like whats the main idea of paragraph 2, paragraph 3, 4.. etc. So stupid IMO. Ask me the big picture I don't wanna go back and read what paragraph 2 was about.
The math on Dr. Collins does complete injustice to the actual exam. There is a lot more calc, precalc and trig. The practice exams were the closest thing to the real exam-Especially exam 3.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the PCAT today. I did okay, but i'd like to take it again. How soon can i register for another in this testing window?
the next PCAT offered after july is in september. i believe they have more test dates for the sept pcat too. sign up ASAP since it's getting close to the september dates and they usually fill up fast.
I took the PCAT today. I did okay, but i'd like to take it again. How soon can i register for another in this testing window?
last day to register for sept test is july 20th!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 9K