PCAT JULY 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KayN

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who's taking PCAT in July 2019? How are you guys going about it? Need help with the pharmCas application?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I will take PCAT in July and I am so panic right now. I don't really feel confident at all and the test is in 2 weeks.

Same. Esp the quantitative portion is giving me anxiety
What study materials are you using? I am using Dr Collin but I feel like it is not a very good tool to study because it gives very brief amount of information. Btw, when did start to study for PCAT cuz I have like only 1 month and a half so I feel like that's not enough time for me to prepare.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I used Kaplan and Dr Collins for some portions. Honestly, I feel Collins is better. Kaplan has a lot of extra stuff that you really don't need.. and I studied for a month and a half, so I don't know if that'll work

I used Kaplan and Dr Collins for some portions. Honestly, I feel Collins is better. Kaplan has a lot of extra stuff that you really don't need.. and I studied for a month and a half, so I don't know if that'll work
lol we 're dealing with the same problem here. How far did you get with your studying ? btw, good luck to you !! let's get this together

Last edited:
Lol I think I am kinda okay rn but I need to go over some main topics again and practice a lil more. Wbu? And Good luck to you as well

well, I just finished studying chem and parts of math and reading. I will need to get bio done and do a lot of practice :(

...Dr Collin but I fill like it is not a very good tool to study because it gives very brief amount of information...
This is exactly how I feel about it. They only give answers and no explanation. It should honestly be used as practice and less as study material.
Good luck to both of you.

This is exactly how I feel about it. They only give answers and no explanation. It should honestly be used as practice and less as study material.
Good luck to both of you.
I saw your advises in many posts. if you don't mind, can I ask which material did you use to study microbiology? The microbio section in Dr.Collin is so confusing.

I saw your advises in many posts. if you don't mind, can I ask which material did you use to study microbiology? The microbio section in Dr.Collin is so confusing.
I used this one website. If you type in pcat microbiology into google, I think its the first search link that pops up. Its not much info but I guess it was enough, don't really remember how much microbiology I saw on the exam.

I used this one website. If you type in pcat microbiology into google, I think its the first search link that pops up. Its not much info but I guess it was enough, don't really remember how much microbiology I saw on the exam.
Thank you for your advise!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,
I am about taking PCAT exam tomorrow. I am so nervous and not confident. I will do as best as I can. Anyone will take the test tomorrow?
Good luck!

Hi guys,
I am about taking PCAT exam tomorrow. I am so nervous and not confident. I will do as best as I can. Anyone will take the test tomorrow?
Good luck!
I will take it on Friday and I am super nervous and not ready too. We are on the same boat. Good luck on your test!

Hi guys,
Good luck!
Good luck :)
You got this. Let us know how it goes.

If anyone could let me know what materials they've used so far for QR (for any topic -- precalc, calc, prob&stat, algebra--), it would be much appreciated!