PCAT Official Study Guide???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

islandboy401

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The SAT is created by the Collegeboard...and the collegeboard has their own study guide for it......and this study guide is good in that the tests are very much like the real thing (because the testmakers are the same).

Well, for the PCAT, I understand it was created by Pearson, but I do not know if there is a study guide that was created by Pearson itself. If there is one, are the practice tests close to the real thing?? If not, what other sources have practice tests resembling the real test??

Members don't see this ad.

The practice test is closest to the real thing. Every PCAT practice test from other companies don't seem right in many aspects. It's the same language, but with a different accent and dialect figuratively speaking.

I don't know of any "official" study guides that are complete.

what practice test is this? are you guys talking about the practice test that you buy for $40 dollars each? I heard the new ones are pretty good if that is what you guys are talking about, i'm gonna buy both practice test when test date comes around.

what practice test is this? are you guys talking about the practice test that you buy for $40 dollars each? I heard the new ones are pretty good if that is what you guys are talking about, i'm gonna buy both practice test when test date comes around.

We are talking about the official ones offered by Pearson (gotta get used to the name change from Harcourt). There's a new one apparently coupled with a more through report. Most notably, the test estimates your scores to the quintile instead of the quartile. I suppose that is a little more helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
I considered buying the practice test but I thought it was too expensive. 1 complete exam= 40 bucks (where a study guide is only ~30. Is it very crucial that I try out the practice test tho? are there people who did well on the PCAT even without ever trying the practice test and relied on study guides alone?

there are plenty of people that gets very good score without doing the practice test, if you feel you're ready then don't do it. However, if you're unsure then its worth doing it i think. The practice test isn't an end all be all thing.... just because you don't do it doesn't mean you'll do horrible on it lol.