PCAT Pearson practice math

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AntonFreeman

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just took one of the pearson practice test. i found math to be pretty hard. i ended up getting 66%. and i had like 5 questions with box and whiskers plot (?) what is this plot? I have never seen it and heard about it before.
 
and i had like 5 questions with box and whiskers plot (?) what is this plot? I have never seen it and heard about it before.

Did you take stats, yet? You will see it there.

I thought the math was tough, too. I went through the test a second time, and I realized that a lot of the problems looked more complicated than they actually were - I was just psyching myself out.
 
I just took one of the pearson practice test. i found math to be pretty hard. i ended up getting 66%. and i had like 5 questions with box and whiskers plot (?) what is this plot? I have never seen it and heard about it before.

Is real easy dude. It just has the range and then the box give the medians. The middle one is the true median and the other 2 sides of the boxes is the interquartile range which as I understand it is the median of the top median numbers and the median of the lower median number. If that makes any sense.
 
I also took stats but box & whisker wasn't emphasized much. So I refreshed myself:

|-------[___|__]-----|

The 5 marks represent:
min value, Q1, Q2 (median), Q3, max value.