PCAT/PharmCAS PS

Started by kenng
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kenng

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
Does anyone know of the best way to study for the PCAT? I planning to enroll in a Kaplan online PCAT or live course. Does anyone have any experience w/ Kaplan and whether the class is effective? Are there other PCAT courses out there besides Kaplan's that's less expensive than $1200?
Secondly, for people like me who are essay challenged, how does one find good reasons becoming a pharmacist? most of my reasons are pretty selfish and the reasons such as wanting to take care of others and making an impact on the community are too generic. Those that have gotten into pharmacy schools, could I see your personal statement and get some ideas on how I should write my statement? Also, how do you get yourself to start writing essays when you haven't written one in so long. I'm seriously suffering from writers block... 😕

Thanks.

Ken
 
kenng said:
Hello,
Does anyone know of the best way to study for the PCAT? I planning to enroll in a Kaplan online PCAT or live course. Does anyone have any experience w/ Kaplan and whether the class is effective? Are there other PCAT courses out there besides Kaplan's that's less expensive than $1200?
Secondly, for people like me who are essay challenged, how does one find good reasons becoming a pharmacist? most of my reasons are pretty selfish and the reasons such as wanting to take care of others and making an impact on the community are too generic. Those that have gotten into pharmacy schools, could I see your personal statement and get some ideas on how I should write my statement? Also, how do you get yourself to start writing essays when you haven't written one in so long. I'm seriously suffering from writers block... 😕

Thanks.

Ken

Moving to PCAT forum...
As for your first question, do a search on that in this forum and you'll find a lot of info.
As for your second question, you could do a search in the Pre-Pharmacy forum where you originally posted and you will find a lot of discussions on that topic as well.
Jessica