PCAT Practice Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmaspire

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took one of the PCAT practice tests. Does anybody know if the passages are longer on the PCAt or about the same length. I thought they were short.

Members don't see this ad.

short as in about a 3-4 small paragraphs that fit pretty snuggly in a full page then it is about right. The passages were not too long on the jan one.

Last edited:
short as in about a 3-4 small paragraphs that fit pretty snuggly in a full page then it is about right. The passages were too long on the jan one.

Thanks. they were just about 3-4 small paragraphs, although there was one with like 6. I hope the passages are not too long on the June PCAT as I like to read the whole passage before starting to answer the questions that follow. Is that a good method? I'm trying to get my timing on point, and it seems the maths section would not favor me at all. I always need more time.

Yes, I would say reading the entire passage first is to your benefit.

Most of the reading comprehension questions on the PCAT are not straightforward questions that you can dig straight out of the passage. They're often the "what's the general idea", "what can you infer" types of questions so it definitely helps to read the entire thing first, I find I did better by doing that. When I did the Cliff's practice tests I could get away with only reading parts of the passage that pertained to the questions because they were so straightforward but the PCAT is not so.

And I have the same problem as you for math right now lol... only thing I can say is that if you can't figure out how to get to the answer within your head in 5 seconds (like not actually doing the math, but the right steps to get to the answers) then move on to an easier question. There are probably at least half of the questions in the math section that are no brainer types. And just remember that every question of the 48 are worth the same mark so definitely tackle the easier ones first.

Yes. I'm taking that route with the maths section. If i read the question and cant come up with the steps in my head in say 5sec i move on.