-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
PCAT practice test 7 vs. Real PCAT
Started by wwang0919
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I don't know, I felt like they were a little different in terms of difficulty/kind of questions ...
I scored 70-90 on the practice and 97 on the actual test (there's been few weeks of studying and reviewing in between)
Thanks for your reply! Would you say that it was easier? I scored 70-90 too on the practice but I just took my final practice test on Friday. What did you review in between?
I'll let you know on sep 7Thanks for your reply! Would you say that it was easier? I scored 70-90 too on the practice but I just took my final practice test on Friday. What did you review in between?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll let you know on sep 7
Thanks, good luck, I'll be taking it on the 9th.
I reviewed all the practices, and just did a lot of practice exams from different brands, so that you're more prepared to a wide variety of questions ... Everyone says the Collins was similar to the exam but I didn't think so at all, the Collins was a lot easier and I thought the practice pearson was easier, but then again I did much better on the exam...Thanks for your reply! Would you say that it was easier? I scored 70-90 too on the practice but I just took my final practice test on Friday. What did you review in between?
Thanks, good luck, I'll be taking it on the 9th.
so, bio, math and chem are almost the same, but reading is SOOOOOOOOO MUCH harder. If you start falling behind, don't rush through, its better to guess 1 whole passage, then half guessing everything (and you will likely fall behind if your used to practice test because the real test has longer and harder passages).
Bio: know muscles, and also there were many microbio question (but they were pretty basic)
chem: TOOOO EASY
MATH: so many similar question as the practise test. If you long question skip it and do short ones (long are likely to be experimental)
Essay topic, ill give u a hint: whats something that's going around the school ( can cause lung cancer?)
so, bio, math and chem are almost the same, but reading is SOOOOOOOOO MUCH harder. If you start falling behind, don't rush through, its better to guess 1 whole passage, then half guessing everything (and you will likely fall behind if your used to practice test because the real test has longer and harder passages).
Bio: know muscles, and also there were many microbio question (but they were pretty basic)
chem: TOOOO EASY
MATH: so many similar question as the practise test. If you long question skip it and do short ones (long are likely to be experimental)
Essay topic, ill give u a hint: whats something that's going around the school ( can cause lung cancer?)
Wowowow, Thank you so much for the tips! What did you get as your preliminary score?
chem:98Wowowow, Thank you so much for the tips! What did you get as your preliminary score?
bio: 98
math: 88
reading: 29 🙁
comp : 93
chem:98
bio: 98
math: 88
reading: 29 🙁
comp : 93
Haha, from other threads I would say 29 doesn't sound too bad! Would you say Dr. Collins/Kaplan/Pearson would be the best to study from for the remainder 2 days I have left?
Haha, from other threads I would say 29 doesn't sound too bad! Would you say Dr. Collins/Kaplan/Pearson would be the best to study from for the remainder 2 days I have left?
idk for Dr.collin, I had older version which now when I think about it was pretty damn useless. So, I'd say do Pearson practice exam (esp. for chem and math) and for bio definately do kaplan if u can (quickly skim thru?)
idk for Dr.collin, I had older version which now when I think about it was pretty damn useless. So, I'd say do Pearson practice exam (esp. for chem and math) and for bio definately do kaplan if u can (quickly skim thru?)
Thanks, was literally about to go through every single Dr. Collins practice test but figured isn't worth the time since the Pearson practice tests are nothing like Dr. Collins anyway.
There's probably multiple versions of the test right? Like the writing prompt may be different, etc.so, bio, math and chem are almost the same, but reading is SOOOOOOOOO MUCH harder. If you start falling behind, don't rush through, its better to guess 1 whole passage, then half guessing everything (and you will likely fall behind if your used to practice test because the real test has longer and harder passages).
Bio: know muscles, and also there were many microbio question (but they were pretty basic)
chem: TOOOO EASY
MATH: so many similar question as the practise test. If you long question skip it and do short ones (long are likely to be experimental)
Essay topic, ill give u a hint: whats something that's going around the school ( can cause lung cancer?)
I'm so nervous for tomorrow! >.< Idk how to prepare for writing, and I could barely go through the Pearsons!
There's probably multiple versions of the test right? Like the writing prompt may be different, etc.
I'm so nervous for tomorrow! >.< Idk how to prepare for writing, and I could barely go through the Pearsons!
well yeah, but if you can't think of anything, these are the following solutions that APPLY TO MOST SITUATIONS: raising awareness, school policies, government interventions, group meeting (to teach w.e u want), and etc... . And in the case of blanking out, I practiced writing essays only based on the solutions I listed above, I forced those solutions to fit my essay.
Haha, from other threads I would say 29 doesn't sound too bad! Would you say Dr. Collins/Kaplan/Pearson would be the best to study from for the remainder 2 days I have left?
I only used Kaplan to study for pcat and here are my scores:
Bio: 85
Chem: 99
CR: 46
Quant: 92
Comp: 95
I really liked Kaplan's quick study tear out sheets, every night I would review them. I don't know about collins but I found that Kaplan orgo chem was pretty easy to learn. Note that I'm starting second year undergrad so I didn't know much about orgo chem beforehand.
Purchased all 3, they are different ... all different lmao ... regret wasting 100+ dollars 🙁I am scheduled to take my PCAT next week and just took my last practice exam (#7). For those that have taken July's PCAT, how would you compare the level of difficulty between practice test #7 and the actual exam? Thanks for any replies in advance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Purchased all 3, they are different ... all different lmao ... regret wasting 100+ dollars 🙁
I kinda agree. The passages in the actual are much more difficult and lengthier.
yo are you from cali by any chance ?! 🙁)I kinda agree. The passages in the actual are much more difficult and lengthier.
yo are you from cali by any chance ?! 🙁)
naa, I am from Toronto
OH WTF they have pcat up there too LMAOnaa, I am from Toronto
loooool wht? you thought it was only in the states?OH WTF they have pcat up there too LMAO
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 9K
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
E