PCAT Practice Test Concerns

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pswim123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I be concerned if I am finding the Pearson PCAT Practice Exams very easy? How much do these relate to the actual PCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Should I be concerned if I am finding the Pearson PCAT Practice Exams very easy? How much do these relate to the actual PCAT?
?
what did you score on the third practice test (multiple choice 7)? I thought that was kinda hard

I am doing that later tonight if not tomorrow, but the first two were consistent with 80-99 Composite Score.

I thought the nov pcat was harder than all three of the actual pcat tests. But who knows, the Jan pcat could be different. As long as you have the concepts down, I think you'll be okay.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I thought the nov pcat was harder than all three of the actual pcat tests. But who knows, the Jan pcat could be different. As long as you have the concepts down, I think you'll be okay.

I figured it would be harder...but I am hoping that the practice test are kinda a close indicator of performance. I will always struggle with the math section, but I am hoping my other sections are high enough to outweigh the math a little.

?
what did you score on the third practice test (multiple choice 7)? I thought that was kinda hard
I finished the last practice exam. It was more difficult than the others, but I still scored in the same percentile as the others. My test is Thursday, so obviously it is too late to do any hardcore studying. I am hoping for the best on the actual test!

Reactions: 1 user
I absolutely hate the bio passages.

Any tricks? Do you guys read the whole thing before looking at the question?

And yes, 7 seemed the hardest.

I for ~55-65% on bio, and 45-55% on quant. and 90-100% on chem.

You should passage map, I found it helpful. Just make an brief note of it considering the limited time you have or if you want you can skip the passage based questions and answer the ones you can and go back to the passage based questions to save you time on the exam.

I thought the third Pearson exam was tough. Not all the problems but an couple I couldn't figure out. I've taken the PCAT in November and I really do not know how much they will change it, I am looking forward to taking it in January.

Do not read the whole passage!!! Read the q's first bc you can answer 2 out of the 4 questions they ask without even reading the passage. Most passages require precious knowledge on the material anyway.