PCAT practice test...my scores...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luckyPharmD.stu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
actually, i need you guys to help me out. i dunno how the grading system works, so if any of you have spare time, can you give me an approximate percentile grade? By the way, this is the first time i've ever laid my eyes on this pcat test...first time for everything, though...
Reading comprehension- 42 correct 3 wrong 45 questions
Verbal- 27 correct 14 wrong 4 omit 45 questions
Biology (I suck)- 14 correct (i know, i know) 26 wrong (...) 10 omit
50 questions
Quantitative- 55 correct 7 wrong 3 omit 65 questions
Chemistry (I suck)- 23 correct 22 wrong (sigh...) 15 omit...60 questions

alright, my first experience...why are reading comprehension and quantitative questions extremely easy??? maybe it's practice test, but i hope real tests are like that...
verbal vocabulary: some words are tough to know...i.e. what the hell is a wallflower??? looked it up and it's a person who doesn't attend to social events because of shyness or unpopularity...huh???
biology and chemistry: i just need studying and then the grades will go up.

any comments are greatly appreciated as well.

Members don't see this ad.

luckyPharmD.stu said:
any comments are greatly appreciated as well.

Well, you asked. So...

1) Spend your last summer before college having fun, not torturing yourself about a test that you won't have to take for another two years.

2) I feel that a high school graduate should know what a "wallflower" is.

...okay, at least you commented. i just wanted to know what pcat is about; to see where i'm at currently. and yeah, i have to study some vocabulary as well.

I agree with BTB. Keep the PCAT in mind, but continue with your education. You didn't specify where you were at with your education, so I'm kinda running with BTB's assessment that you're a new college student. Forgive me if I'm incorrect.

It's impossible to give you a percentile ranking. Percentiles indicate how well you did in comparison with how other's scored. As far as I know, there's no database of practice test scores. Not that it doesn't exist...

I found the most difficult section of the PCAT to be reading comprehension (and it was my lowest score). The questions and their answers were ambiguous and the reading was a real snoozer. The science courses you take in pre-pharm (except for physics) will all be addressed in the PCAT. Pay attention, learn the material, attend class and you'll do great on the PCAT. You seem to have a solid grasp of math - that gives you an advantage for that section.

Now get to work. ;)

Troy

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah so i disagree on that. The earlier that luckyPharmD.stu wants to start studyin for the PCAT the better. Looks like your doin pretty damn good right now. Just keep on... If i thought you werent sleeping at night because of the PCAT which is a year or so away I would tell you to sit around and do nothin all summer before your first year of college. But, believe it or not, the PCAT will be here before you know it. You're on the right track. You have the mindset that you need to be successful.

Thats just my two cents