pcat preliminary vs final score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeejeejiji

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I took the Jan pcat and waiting for the final grade and have recieved my preliminary grade. I was wondering how much the final actual composite score changes comparing to my preliminary grade that I recieved on the day of the test. And if does change how much does it usually change? And does it usually go up or down? I was also wondering if the writing section have no effect on the composite score. Thanks ahead!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello. I took the Jan pcat and waiting for the final grade and have recieved my preliminary grade. I was wondering how much the final actual composite score changes comparing to my preliminary grade that I recieved on the day of the test. And if does change how much does it usually change? And does it usually go up or down? I was also wondering if the writing section have no effect on the composite score. Thanks ahead!

For the most part, expect your final scores to be just about the same as your preliminary scores. Also, the writing section has no effect on the composite score as far as I know.

I've taken the PCAT three times. Two times the preliminary scores remained unchanged. One time, the final score jumped 5 points from the preliminary score.

I've taken the PCAT three times. Two times the preliminary scores remained unchanged. One time, the final score jumped 5 points from the preliminary score.

A 5 point jump would be sweet! I just hope my score doesn't go down at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most of the people I talked to (and myself) said their scores did not change. One person's score changed by one point.

The official score report should be exactly the same as the preliminary report but with your essay score attached. The essay does not affect you're composite score; it is listed separate from everything. Sources: My scores and my study group of 23 ppl were all the same as the preliminary report. We took it in September.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

PCAT January 2013 scores are up on Pearson's website now. There was no change from my preliminary score report.