PCAT prep book recommendation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kies89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
can you guys recommend the most popular prep books for PCAT?

i took DAT one and a half years ago and i remember i used Kaplan, DAT destroyer, and CHAD videos

Please recommend me some prep materials please!
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

It seems the most popular study guide is by Dr. Collins. I used it as well and can rep how beneficial it was. It is very expensive if you buy it straight from his website $365 or so I believe, but you can buy a used one just as good pretty much for around 100-150. Other than that pearson practice pcat tests can be bought in a package of 3 for $85 and is a good tool to use as well. I also used Kaplan but just for biology. Many other people have used other things too, but I think its best to have a variety of guides that you can supplement in and see which is best for you. Good luck!

im trying to buy dr collins from this forum
any tips avoiding scammers please? :)

im trying to buy dr collins from this forum
any tips avoiding scammers please? :)

I ordered my Dr. Collins from someone a year ago on one of these forums and the guy ended up sending me the packet with A LOT of missing pages (I paid about 120). It was also an old edition =( yeaaaah, I guess you can say I had pretty bad luck =/

However, after doing poorly on the PCAT my first time, I gave in and paid the 400 for the legit packet from Dr. Collins' website and I'm currently studying for the PCAT in Sept.

Unfortunately, there is no guarantee since you're buying it from a complete stranger. Sorry I don't have better advice :/

Good luck!! :)

I used Dr Collins and Cracking the PCAT. Do not get Kaplans book. It was a waste of money. Collins tells you what you need to know and cracking the PCAT gives you a little more detail on subjects that you need fleshing up on. Also BUY THE PEARSON PRACTICE TESTS!! Made a big difference.