PCAT Prep books!?!

Started by berrytart
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

berrytart

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'm taking th PCAT in october and I got the Kaplan and Barron books to study. First, is 3 months enuff to study for the exam and second, the Kaplan book seems to be much more intricated than the Barrons book although I heard that the Barrons book was lots better. Does anyone have advice on wat book i should focus on thanks!
 
Three months is more than enough (granted you've taken biology, chemistry, math). If you already know this stuff and need to refresh, then just do alot of practice problems. I used this book called PCAT Success 2004 by Petersons Guides and the Barrons as well. Alot of the problems in those study guides were on my PCAT.

SO when it comes down to it, just focus on the Barrons (use their outline and refer to textbooks) and make use of the Practice Problems from any study guide you can get your hands on.





berrytart said:
Hi, I'm taking th PCAT in october and I got the Kaplan and Barron books to study. First, is 3 months enuff to study for the exam and second, the Kaplan book seems to be much more intricated than the Barrons book although I heard that the Barrons book was lots better. Does anyone have advice on wat book i should focus on thanks!
 
Hi!

Does anyone knows what is Cliff notes? It is a kind a book? Because I went to my school bookstore and I saw the Cliff books for Chemistry and Biology and the title says "Cliff Quick Review" for Biology, Chemistry..... Studying from these books for Biology and Chemistry helpful for PCAT?

I have seen people talking about Cliff notes on this board, but I don't know how it looks like, the only ones I saw were in book form.

Thanx!
 
npp71681 said:
Hi!

Does anyone knows what is Cliff notes? It is a kind a book? Because I went to my school bookstore and I saw the Cliff books for Chemistry and Biology and the title says "Cliff Quick Review" for Biology, Chemistry..... Studying from these books for Biology and Chemistry helpful for PCAT?

I have seen people talking about Cliff notes on this board, but I don't know how it looks like, the only ones I saw were in book form.

Thanx!

Yes, those are cliff notes. They come in a little small book form. I don't know how useful the cliff notes for biology, etc are with preparing for the PCAT. I only remember using them in High school when it came to summaries for novels.