PCAT PREP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eminentmax

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am about to start my prep for the PCAT in a bid to apply for tge fall 2019 session. Can anyone tell me what is the vest way to prepare. I need to know which prep book is the best and if i do need to enrol for an online prep course. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Are you still taking the prereqs? Have you taken most of the prereqs?
I took the PCAT in July 2017 and got a decent score 89. I graduated college in 2013 so the materials weren't as "fresh" for me, so I invested in both Kaplan and Dr. Collin's study prep guide. I studied for 2 months, not super hardcore or anything as I worked full time. Last 2 weeks before the exam, I really ramped up the study.
Bio section: I mainly used Kaplan supplemented with my class notes from college.
Chem: study mostly from Dr. Collins along with class notes
CR: Just took the practice sets from Dr. Collins. I studied for this section for a day max. Got a 85, English is not my first language. My advice for this section is to read, read and read. I read a lot of scientific papers for my job so that helps a lot.
Math: My weakest actually. I took Calculus back in 2010. I wish I prepare more for this section.

If you can afford it, use Kaplan book to study, use Dr.Collins for the practice problems/exams. Most importantly, get the practice exams from the Pearson website, I got 2 and took it 2 days before the test. What I got on the practice exam (they give you a range) was what I got on the real test. If I were to take the exam again, I'd purchase all 3 from Pearson.
If money is tight, get the Kaplan book and the Pearson exams.

Best of luck.

Reactions: 1 users