PCAT PREP

Started by Eminentmax
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Eminentmax

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone. I am about to start my prep for the PCAT in a bid to apply for tge fall 2019 session. Can anyone tell me what is the vest way to prepare. I need to know which prep book is the best and if i do need to enrol for an online prep course. Thanks
 
Are you still taking the prereqs? Have you taken most of the prereqs?
I took the PCAT in July 2017 and got a decent score 89. I graduated college in 2013 so the materials weren't as "fresh" for me, so I invested in both Kaplan and Dr. Collin's study prep guide. I studied for 2 months, not super hardcore or anything as I worked full time. Last 2 weeks before the exam, I really ramped up the study.
Bio section: I mainly used Kaplan supplemented with my class notes from college.
Chem: study mostly from Dr. Collins along with class notes
CR: Just took the practice sets from Dr. Collins. I studied for this section for a day max. Got a 85, English is not my first language. My advice for this section is to read, read and read. I read a lot of scientific papers for my job so that helps a lot.
Math: My weakest actually. I took Calculus back in 2010. I wish I prepare more for this section.

If you can afford it, use Kaplan book to study, use Dr.Collins for the practice problems/exams. Most importantly, get the practice exams from the Pearson website, I got 2 and took it 2 days before the test. What I got on the practice exam (they give you a range) was what I got on the real test. If I were to take the exam again, I'd purchase all 3 from Pearson.
If money is tight, get the Kaplan book and the Pearson exams.

Best of luck.