PCAT preparation question

Started by unnath
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

unnath

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a freshman undergrad, and I hope to take the PCAT once I complete some of its pre-req courses. Anyway, I am just wondering about how to prepare for the exam. For the verbal portion of it, I decided to study the New Kaplan GRE workbook (it doesn't cover Analogies though). For the rest, I am depending on the Princeton Review Cracking PCAT, and the pre-req courses. I am think about reading books to get some experience for the reading comprehension portion of the exam, but I would like some advice as to what books to read (I am in the habit of reading news articles posted in the Wall street journal). As for the analogies portion of the exam, I am clueless; which book should I try??

Thanks 🙂
 
OMG, what's up with people on studentdoc, 197 views and no answers, looks like very few people on here wanna help.

Anyhow, to prepare for the Verbal section, I would get some old GRE book with analogy questions and sentence completion. The new GRE's format is different so I wouldn't recommend new GRE prep book.

I also got Word Smart by princeton review. It give your some of the most common words tested on standardize exam and has many vocab drills.

As for reading, you can find practice from ACT, SAT or GRE prep book as they are all pretty similar.

hope this helps!