PCAT Prescription program?

Started by RAMPHARMD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RAMPHARMD

UHCOP Pharm.D. Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
http://www.thepcat.com/products.php

I found this review program while surfing the web the other day. Has anyone used or know of anyone who has used this review program?? It sounds like a pretty good study aid and the pacer sounds like a great feature. If purchased, this program will be supplemental to the Kaplan Text (of course).

Input please.
 
It definitely looks interesting. Can't say that I've used it, but just looking at the note on Google checkout:

"Google first authorizes and then processes the payment and sents ThePCAT.com an email."

I'd just be wary of it. Just my opinion though.
 
It definitely looks interesting. Can't say that I've used it, but just looking at the note on Google checkout:

"Google first authorizes and then processes the payment and sents ThePCAT.com an email."

I'd just be wary of it. Just my opinion though.

From their website:

"NOTE: If you use Google Checkout there will be a several hour delay in receiving your order information. Google first authorizes and then processes the payment and sents ThePCAT.com an email. Our other methods of payment will grant you an instant serial code (click green "Pay Now" button for visa, MC, eCheck, Paypal as other options) which you can retrieve by logging into your My Account section of our site after completing the purchase."

Why would that be a concern if purchasing the program through any means other than google checkout?

I think I'm gonna try it - 60 bucks isn't bad especially when you compare it to the price other review programs.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why? because usually, Google, as a singular proper noun, would SEND ThePCAT.com and email, not SENTS.

If they can't ensure quality on their website, I'm not sure that they can ensure quality on their review prescription.
 
Why? because usually, Google, as a singular proper noun, would SEND ThePCAT.com and email, not SENTS.

If they can't ensure quality on their website, I'm not sure that they can ensure quality on their review prescription.

Haha, I just caught that.

Is no one familiar with this program at all?
 
http://www.thepcat.com/return_policy.php
"
You may return ThePCAT.com product if you have technical problems. You have 48 hours from the time you purchased the product. Our delivery is instantaneous. You may login to your "My Account" and should receive an instant email upon successfully purchasing the product.

Our products are considered a final sale once you have installed and operated the software successfully. If the quality of our products are not to your level of satisfaction we cannot authorize a return. As you can imagine test question qualities are very subjective leaving room for a variable results. We have worked extremely hard to ensure that every question is of the highest quality and we apologize if you are not satisfied with them. "

:laugh:
 
That cinches it right there. 48 hours is enough for you to know if it's good? Highly unlikely.

The point of his post is to show that there is a policy stating that there are NO refunds once you install and run the program successfully, which negates the 48 hours.
 
Ok, well does anyone know how to get in touch with the technical service. I have been trying to email them since I downloaded the program and NOONE is getting back with me. I responded within that 48 hours.