Pcat Problems!! Desperate for help!!

Started by Goldie23
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Goldie23

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, so this is my second time around at the PCAT, the first I won't even talk about because it was a joke. I didn't study at all and didn't put any effort into the test while I was taking it.

Just took the PCAT again on July 19th. I started studying mid-May about 4-5 hours a day. Verbal and QA were definitely my weak sections, or atleast that's what I thought. Here are my scores:

Reading: 26
QA: 21
Verbal: 30
Biology: 55
Chemistry:40
Composite: 29

I used Dr. Collins, Kaplan and 3 Pearson Practice exams, along with Cliff notes practice tests. I took the pearson exams within 2 weeks of the test.

My Practice test scores were pretty consistent. They were:

QA: 20-40
Verbal: 30-50
Biology:70-90
Chemistry: 70-90
Reading: 80-90
Composite: 55-75

I am not sure what step to take from here. I'm thinking about taking the Kaplan prep course. That's really all I know to do. I've always been a bad test taker, but this is ridiculous.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
 
Okay, so this is my second time around at the PCAT, the first I won't even talk about because it was a joke. I didn't study at all and didn't put any effort into the test while I was taking it.

Just took the PCAT again on July 19th. I started studying mid-May about 4-5 hours a day. Verbal and QA were definitely my weak sections, or atleast that's what I thought. Here are my scores:

Reading: 26
QA: 21
Verbal: 30
Biology: 55
Chemistry:40
Composite: 29

I used Dr. Collins, Kaplan and 3 Pearson Practice exams, along with Cliff notes practice tests. I took the pearson exams within 2 weeks of the test.

My Practice test scores were pretty consistent. They were:

QA: 20-40
Verbal: 30-50
Biology:70-90
Chemistry: 70-90
Reading: 80-90
Composite: 55-75

I am not sure what step to take from here. I'm thinking about taking the Kaplan prep course. That's really all I know to do. I've always been a bad test taker, but this is ridiculous.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey man dnt you worry I know people who got 54 and got accepted in pharmacy school.........Most of the time they compare your GPA and Pcat score...... I asked this Advisor and she told me that if you score under 25 % in subtest then its a problem not the composite though......You have good enough composite most schools looks at that...........