PCAT quan score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Murphy005

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received my PCAT scores from the june '09 test this week. Overall, I scored a 76. In the quantitative reasoning section I earned a 27. haha, I know. However, in every math class I took in college I never earned below a B.

Will school look at that and factor it in to my outcome? What is more important, my overall score or subscores? Will that 27 absolutely kill me, even though I am otherwise a well-rounded applicant?

Members don't see this ad.

I just received my PCAT scores from the june '09 test this week. Overall, I scored a 76. In the quantitative reasoning section I earned a 27. haha, I know. However, in every math class I took in college I never earned below a B.

Will school look at that and factor it in to my outcome? What is more important, my overall score or subscores? Will that 27 absolutely kill me, even though I am otherwise a well-rounded applicant?

Hey ya check out the PCAT forums there's a really good thread on this - someone will probably move your thread over there anyway lol they did with mine - overall from what I've seen you're score should do to get into some schools and what most schools look at is the composite

I think some schools have cut-offs on the subsections. You may want to contact them directly and ask.

On your math, did you run out of time? I think one of the keys to that section is knowing when to bail out on a question that is going to suck up your time. If it looks hard, just randomly guess and save your time for questions you are likely to get right.