Murphy005

10+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2007
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I just received my PCAT scores from the june '09 test this week. Overall, I scored a 76. In the quantitative reasoning section I earned a 27. haha, I know. However, in every math class I took in college I never earned below a B.

Will school look at that and factor it in to my outcome? What is more important, my overall score or subscores? Will that 27 absolutely kill me, even though I am otherwise a well-rounded applicant?

Jul 23, 2009
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I just received my PCAT scores from the june '09 test this week. Overall, I scored a 76. In the quantitative reasoning section I earned a 27. haha, I know. However, in every math class I took in college I never earned below a B.

Will school look at that and factor it in to my outcome? What is more important, my overall score or subscores? Will that 27 absolutely kill me, even though I am otherwise a well-rounded applicant?

Hey ya check out the PCAT forums there's a really good thread on this - someone will probably move your thread over there anyway lol they did with mine - overall from what I've seen you're score should do to get into some schools and what most schools look at is the composite

diastole

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2008
Where the sun don't shine
Status
Pharmacist

I think some schools have cut-offs on the subsections. You may want to contact them directly and ask.

On your math, did you run out of time? I think one of the keys to that section is knowing when to bail out on a question that is going to suck up your time. If it looks hard, just randomly guess and save your time for questions you are likely to get right.

Jul 15, 2009
Orange County
Status
Pharmacy Student
I think some schools have cut-offs on the subsections. You may want to contact them directly and ask.
+1
Some schools do have a minimum cutoff for each section.