PCAT quan score

Started by Murphy005
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Murphy005

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just received my PCAT scores from the june '09 test this week. Overall, I scored a 76. In the quantitative reasoning section I earned a 27. haha, I know. However, in every math class I took in college I never earned below a B.

Will school look at that and factor it in to my outcome? What is more important, my overall score or subscores? Will that 27 absolutely kill me, even though I am otherwise a well-rounded applicant?
 
I just received my PCAT scores from the june '09 test this week. Overall, I scored a 76. In the quantitative reasoning section I earned a 27. haha, I know. However, in every math class I took in college I never earned below a B.

Will school look at that and factor it in to my outcome? What is more important, my overall score or subscores? Will that 27 absolutely kill me, even though I am otherwise a well-rounded applicant?


Hey ya check out the PCAT forums there's a really good thread on this - someone will probably move your thread over there anyway lol they did with mine - overall from what I've seen you're score should do to get into some schools and what most schools look at is the composite
 
I just received my PCAT scores from the june '09 test this week. Overall, I scored a 76. In the quantitative reasoning section I earned a 27. haha, I know. However, in every math class I took in college I never earned below a B.

Will school look at that and factor it in to my outcome? What is more important, my overall score or subscores? Will that 27 absolutely kill me, even though I am otherwise a well-rounded applicant?

I think some schools have cut-offs on the subsections. You may want to contact them directly and ask.

On your math, did you run out of time? I think one of the keys to that section is knowing when to bail out on a question that is going to suck up your time. If it looks hard, just randomly guess and save your time for questions you are likely to get right.