Pcat Question

Started by Pharm2012
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pharm2012

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If i am applying to pharmacy school in fall 2008, would it be ok to take the pcat in june? Or it's too late, and they dont accept june pcat score?
 
If i am applying to pharmacy school in fall 2008, would it be ok to take the pcat in june? Or it's too late, and they dont accept june pcat score?

Sorry, I think that should be a late depending on the schools. But, the new pharmcas cycle begins in june 2008 and by then, most schools are preparing for the 2009 applicants. Besides, it puts you out of the competitive bracket. Are you planning on a retake or new score ? Because, if it's a retake some schools make exceptions.
 
That is way too late - I think pretty much every school is going to have their Fall 2008 classes set by May at the latest (and maybe they will take some people off the waiting list). Almost every school will probably want your full application in by the end of March at the latest. However, if you take the June PCAT and start messing with your PharmCAS then, you can get a good jump on acceptance for Fall 2009.
 
If i am applying to pharmacy school in fall 2008, would it be ok to take the pcat in june? Or it's too late, and they dont accept june pcat score?

I took my PCAT in Jan 08 and I've applied to UT Austin PharmD fall 08... they say they don't like you to take the jan PCAT cause your application cannot be fully reviewed until they get your PCAT results in march but as long as they know they are coming you will still be considered. I think it depends on the school though... some say definitely no, but others are ok with it as long as they know your results are on the way. I wouldn't advise on it though... my application cannot be assessed until my PCAT results are in and in the meantime they are considering all these other applicants... I guess I just feel as though they'll be sick of looking at applicants by then and I'll be at a disadvantage 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took my PCAT in Jan 08 and I've applied to UT Austin PharmD fall 08... they say they don't like you to take the jan PCAT cause your application cannot be fully reviewed until they get your PCAT results in march but as long as they know they are coming you will still be considered. I think it depends on the school though... some say definitely no, but others are ok with it as long as they know your results are on the way. I wouldn't advise on it though... my application cannot be assessed until my PCAT results are in and in the meantime they are considering all these other applicants... I guess I just feel as though they'll be sick of looking at applicants by then and I'll be at a disadvantage 🙁


do they hold your application even if you already have an ok score, and took the january exam just for fun?
 
do they hold your application even if you already have an ok score, and took the january exam just for fun?

Um, I'm not sure... it really depends on what you tell them. If your application is complete and they have all the required material then I assume they'll start assessing your application, but if you let them know that you have results coming in, then I guess they'll put it aside until your results come in. It really just depends on what you want to do. If you don't tell the school, how will they even know you took the jan PCAT? Just contact them... for me, it was easy... one application is all I sent out so it's easy to keep track of it all but if you got several schools you're applying to, different rules at each school, gets a little more tricky. As for me... the PCAT was the worst 5 hrs of my life... I sure as hell will never do it again if I didn't have to. Hopefully I did good enough 1st time round 😉