PCAT question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psycho-matic

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on entering a pharmacy school in 2010. I am thinking of taking the PCAT this coming January. Do you think it's a good idea to take it this early or should I wait? I'm afraid the score won't be usable by the time I apply. My plan is to study 3-4 hours a day over christmas break. Do you think that is enough preparation time?

Members don't see this ad.

I plan on entering a pharmacy school in 2010. I am thinking of taking the PCAT this coming January. Do you think it's a good idea to take it this early or should I wait? I'm afraid the score won't be usable by the time I apply. My plan is to study 3-4 hours a day over christmas break. Do you think that is enough preparation time?

Have you taken all the college level courses highlighting the subjects tested on the PCAT? (e.g. organic chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology, Microbiology etc..). If you have, then I recommend buying a couple review books (Kaplan, Barons, Cliffs, Pearson's 2 practice tests), and possibly enroll in a Kaplan review course.

In terms of your plan, I think that is something you have to figure out for yourself. Some test takers require more time to study than others. For me, I tend to score low on standardized exams so I started studying 4 months before the exam and studied 4 to 5 hours daily. Eventually, I cut down on work and studied 8 to 10 hours a day two weeks before the exam. This sounds crazy even to myself, but you gotta do what you gotta do....

p.s. My best advice for you is to take the PCAT when you feel confident and ready to give it your best. good luck :)