PCAT Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chemgirl35

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last October I took the PCAT and did horrible. My score was below 50. I'm taking it again in August and applying. Should I wait until my scores are back until I hit the submit button on my PharmCAS application?

I am worried that the schools will only see my very low score and deny me right there without seeing the new score. Will the schools do that? Should I wait to send in the application? Will the school see that i'm taking them again and wait to make a decision?
 
Last October I took the PCAT and did horrible. My score was below 50. I'm taking it again in August and applying. Should I wait until my scores are back until I hit the submit button on my PharmCAS application?

I am worried that the schools will only see my very low score and deny me right there without seeing the new score. Will the schools do that? Should I wait to send in the application? Will the school see that i'm taking them again and wait to make a decision?

Yes, wait. The schools will get your new scores when they come in, but if they've already made a decision at that point, it's too late. I would submit the day PharmCAS reports receiving your PCAT.