PCAT Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemgirl35

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last October I took the PCAT and did horrible. My score was below 50. I'm taking it again in August and applying. Should I wait until my scores are back until I hit the submit button on my PharmCAS application?

I am worried that the schools will only see my very low score and deny me right there without seeing the new score. Will the schools do that? Should I wait to send in the application? Will the school see that i'm taking them again and wait to make a decision?

Members don't see this ad.

Last October I took the PCAT and did horrible. My score was below 50. I'm taking it again in August and applying. Should I wait until my scores are back until I hit the submit button on my PharmCAS application?

I am worried that the schools will only see my very low score and deny me right there without seeing the new score. Will the schools do that? Should I wait to send in the application? Will the school see that i'm taking them again and wait to make a decision?

Yes, wait. The schools will get your new scores when they come in, but if they've already made a decision at that point, it's too late. I would submit the day PharmCAS reports receiving your PCAT.