pcat reading dr collins

Started by kriska83
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kriska83

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone from recent pcat takers give a feedback how hard are passages in dr C packet vs actual pcat? I just took Reading test 2 from the packet and got 31 out of 48 correctly, which is ok with me for English is my second language. I scored similar in Pearson practice exams... So should I fear pcat passages,I've read people saying it is much harder??? But these posts are like from 2009....
 
uhh... to be completely honest with you, i destroyed the Collins reading section. Scored no less than 46 on each test i tried. Still got destroyed on RC on PCAT. The reading was truly college level scientific writing. Collins won't prepare you for RC.
 
I can attest to this too. Dr. Collins reading pales in comparison to the real PCAT reading. It is way to easy. I often got 1 answer wrong for each passage, but RC is the lowest section in my real test.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The reading was truly college level scientific writing. Collins won't prepare you for RC.
1jY6yOa
 
I haven't gotten around to studying the RC section in Dr. Collins yet, but I just wanted to ask, how are you doing with the Dr. Collins Chemistry section? I tried to start reading it last night, but it seems to be hard to understand for me. I think I might be having a hard time with it because I haven't taken a Chemistry class in 8 years. I'll probably need to study Kaplan for chemistry instead, since I've heard it gives more thorough explanations.