PCAT Registration Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DreStylez

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be signing up for my first PCAT that will be held in June. When I was signing up they asked me what schools will I be sending the scores to but we are given only three free schools. Is there a way to add more schools later on after I register? I haven't narrowed down the number of schools that I'm interested in and I don't want to waste the money to send it to schools that I didn't even apply to later on. Also, I am also planning to take the PCAT in August so should I also apply to take that as well at the same time? I was wondering if I should apply to them at the same time because I'm afraid that they might be filled up.

Dre

Members don't see this ad.

I will be signing up for my first PCAT that will be held in June. When I was signing up they asked me what schools will I be sending the scores to but we are given only three free schools. Is there a way to add more schools later on after I register? I haven't narrowed down the number of schools that I'm interested in and I don't want to waste the money to send it to schools that I didn't even apply to later on. Also, I am also planning to take the PCAT in August so should I also apply to take that as well at the same time? I was wondering if I should apply to them at the same time because I'm afraid that they might be filled up.

Dre

Any added school after 3rd school will get charged an additional of $20 and i'm not sure about registering for both tests at the same time, might not work...

Any added school after 3rd school will get charged an additional of $20 and i'm not sure about registering for both tests at the same time, might not work...

I know that it's an additional $20 but I was wondering if i can add more schools later. Also, do the PCAT exams fill up quick because I want to know if I should sign up for the August PCAT as well after signing up for the June.

I signed up right before the regular deadline and got in fine, there was only like 15 people at my location.

As far as choosing all the schools and paying for them at the exam, I'm not so sure how necessary that is. I applied to Mercer through Pharmcas, but didn't send my PCAT scores to Mercer (decided not to go there). I just got an e-mail from Mercer saying my application is now complete and they will review it (my only pcat was Jan pcat).

So that leads me to believe if you make sure to send to Pharmcas 104, any pharmcas school should see your score. If you get in you'll probably need to request an official transcript to the school but I think that's it.

I know that it's an additional $20 but I was wondering if i can add more schools later. Also, do the PCAT exams fill up quick because I want to know if I should sign up for the August PCAT as well after signing up for the June.

Yea, you can add more schools later. Just that the transcripts that you order later will be sending to those schools at a "later" date rather than at the same time as the schools you add now...get it?

and yea, like the person above me said..don't worry about registering for the august one yet...just take care of the june one first...then after that u can register for the august one...i dont think it'd fill up that fast