PCAT Score and stats

Started by Roo4321
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Roo4321

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the PCAT and just got my scores back:

Verbal: 398 - 43
Biology: 435 - 92
Reading: 363 - 5
QA: 410 - 67
Chemistry: 430 - 88
Composite: 407 - 61

My gpa is 3.8 and I have 120 hours of pharmacy volunteer service at a hospital. Should I retake? I dont want to waste any money but the reading and verbal scores are really low. I didn't even finish the reading section on the test. What should I do?
 
You have a great GPA, but that reading section sticks out like a sore thumb; I absolutely would retake. You are obviously doing great in bio and chem and well in QA. I really do have to think that your reading score is a fluke.

For saving time, read the question before the passage. Oftentimes, the questions ask about just one part (e.g. "in paragraph three, the author.."). You can look at these questions and answer them in isolation.