PCAT score change

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Corpseman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who took the computerized PCAT last year or in January, how much did your preliminary score change?

Members don't see this ad.

The July PCAT tests are the first two computer based tests. No one knows if there is any difference between the preliminary and official scores. However, I guess they will be the same because I did some search and comparison between the scaled scores and the percentiles with the previous test scores. They are the same. For example, I got 429 SS and 90 Percentile on this test. When making comparison, I also got the same percentile 90% with 429 SS in the January and last October tests.

Scaled scores are set and its most likely that the percentile score will be what it is. THere's only a small chance they would change it, but I'm sure the norm group was already set before we took the test.

The July PCAT tests are the first two computer based tests. No one knows if there is any difference between the preliminary and official scores. However, I guess they will be the same because I did some search and comparison between the scaled scores and the percentiles with the previous test scores. They are the same. For example, I got 429 SS and 90 Percentile on this test. When making comparison, I also got the same percentile 90% with 429 SS in the January and last October tests.

Thanks! I didn't realize that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Scaled scores are set and its most likely that the percentile score will be what it is. THere's only a small chance they would change it, but I'm sure the norm group was already set before we took the test.
Oh so we're compared to the previous test takers.

21. Are my scores derived by comparing them to the other students who
took the exam on the same date as me?
Your percentile rank scores are based on the current norm group each time you
take the PCAT. The current norm group is defined as all first-time examinees
who took the test between October 2004 and May 2007. Your scaled scores are
based on the number of live items that you answered correctly for each subtest.
Each multiple-choice subtest is calculated separatel

Source:
http://www.pearsonassessments.com/hai/Images/dotCom/pcatweb.info/PCAT_CBT_FAQ2011.pdf

when i first got my PCAT scores i had an 83 composite and now that they changed how they do the percentiles i have an 88 (which i am totally not complaining :D) but they also changed how they do the writing scores and instead of ranking 1-5 its 1-6 so my writing score is NA. i was wondering if anyone knew if that would affect being accepted into pharm school? i know i should email schools individually but i think thats okay..its not my fault that pearson changed right?? thanks in advance!