Pcat Score Has Arrived!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MarcoPolo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had it in my mail box this afternoon. I didn't expect to find it that soon. Anyways,I have it. Hope you guys find yours soon. Congradulations for those who got what they expected and for the rest,Keep up the hard work!

Peace,
Marco.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got 79% overall. This is my first PCAT. GPA: 3.92. Should I retake the exam? :scared:

well I am only targeting schools in FLorida Nova and UF. I really want to get into UF. GPA...as calucalted by UF...3.64........4 years of research, flrodia resident, pharamcy volunteer for 2 years.....the average at UF is 86 percentile and 3.5 GPA. so what do u think? Also have a degree in finance

I got 79% overall. This is my first PCAT. GPA: 3.92. Should I retake the exam? :scared:

Your GPA is great so I'm not sure. I would think that your GPA plus any experiences you have would balance out your PCAT. It's not like your PCAT composite is super-low.

well I am only targeting schools in FLorida Nova and UF. I really want to get into UF. GPA...as calucalted by UF...3.64........4 years of research, flrodia resident, pharamcy volunteer for 2 years.....the average at UF is 86 percentile and 3.5 GPA. so what do u think? Also have a degree in finance

i would say u dont have to......b/c i know ppl who got accepted w/ 60's.....u just have 2 to do good on interview and have solid lors

Verbal 424 84%
Biology 453 97%
Reading 434 92%
Quant. 404 61%
Chem. 458 98%

Composite 435 95%

-----

This was my first PCAT, however, I did read about how difficult it would be to finish the Math section and yet I still did not get to the last 15 questions. I'm actually decent in math, so it's a little depressing knowing that I would have a better score if I could have managed my time better. Also a little disappointed in the the reading score. I want to get into school at the University of Georgia. [Avg. Composite for UGA was 90% in 2006] I only have a 3.2 GPA with a BS in Biochemistry from UGA 1996, 4.0 GPA from my 1 year at Georgia State taking (Neuroscience, Immunology, Anatomy & Physiology, Molecular Biology, and some other 'ologies. 2005). My GPA from undergrad is not really me, it's my ball and chain. As an undergrad I would study Physical Chemistry when it wasn't my turn at the PlayStation :cool: If I wern't already working 55hr/week and 9hr/week at the Hospital, I would probably take another year of classes and throw some more A's at my GPA.
I'm about to start volunteer work at Grady Hospital in the Pharmacy dept. in a few weeks.

I hope I can get accepted to at least one school, but I'm not overly confident. I think I'll be a much better applicant next year! Till then I'm stuck in Atlanta doing IBM tech support from my cubicle :mad:

I'm waiting for my mailman. What is taking him so long?? But I already got accepted with a 59 PCAT and 3.2 GPA. I wouldn't bother taking it again if I got a 79. I'm just begging for a 70 with my Jan PCAT so I can hopefully get into CCP :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm waiting for my mailman. What is taking him so long?? But I already got accepted with a 59 PCAT and 3.2 GPA. I wouldn't bother taking it again if I got a 79. I'm just begging for a 70 with my Jan PCAT so I can hopefully get into CCP :p

what school did you get into with the 59 pcat and 3.2 Gpa? thanx

bamboo511:

University of Appalachia.
I have another interview with South University coming soon. I applied REALLY late too

Darn ittttttt.....the mailman is here, but no Jan. PCAT scoreeeee

bamboo511:

University of Appalachia.
I have another interview with South University coming soon. I applied REALLY late too

Darn ittttttt.....the mailman is here, but no Jan. PCAT scoreeeee

do u have phar exp? or a degree?

I don't have a degree. I do have a lot of pharmacy experience. I have to work to support myself. I'm currently not even working in a pharmacy. I was doing 2 jobs at once, but I quit the pharmacy one cause it didn't pay me enough and I told my interviewers that too. They even told me it was a smart choice...hahaha...I guess they liked me cause I dared to say that.

I don't have a degree because I don't think I will have money to pay back student loans if I don't get into pharmacy school, so I just took random harder, upper science courses such as Biochemistry (full year), pharmacology, anatomy&physiology, etc..etc...but I'm sure a lot of students in here have those also. I got C's in O-chem. I'm just a really average student grade-wise, but I'm an extraordinary individual...:D

For South University, the minimum PCAT requirement is 60%. I still haven't received my January score yet, but on Pharmcas it got posted yesterday and they called me yesterday. Maybe I did better on my PCAT. I just really hope I did.

Neopentane, since you have good GPA, you should apply to schools that don't require PCAT.

Anyone from NYC get their scores? The waiting game sucks more than it did before knowing others are getting their scores!

76 overall.....do I need to retake the test or is that good enough?
I would retest if you're aiming for UF. I believe that they prefer PCATs to be 80+. Kaplan has a good course, but it's pretty expensive. You could probably find a used Kaplan book to study from though.

Glad to read I'm not the only one still waiting..... arrggghhhh.

I would retest if you're aiming for UF. I believe that they prefer PCATs to be 80+. Kaplan has a good course, but it's pretty expensive. You could probably find a used Kaplan book to study from though.

The range for UF is 70-99. My GPA is above their 3.5 average. I think with a 76 they would at least review my application hopefully. I am hoping to get into this fall. If i don't then i will retest

what is the average PCAT Score..i took pcat in january but not that optimistic about my score..i an currently doing my master program..however my undergraduate GPA is not that high (3.52) and i applied to two schools so i wonder whether i will get accepted. Still waitin for my PCAT scores.

has anyone from VA/DC/MD gotten scores yet? i'm going out of town on friday so this is driving me nuts... i sure hope they get here tomorrow.

The range for UF is 70-99. My GPA is above their 3.5 average. I think with a 76 they would at least review my application hopefully. I am hoping to get into this fall. If i don't then i will retest

I have an interview at UF at the Orlando Campus on Friday (my 1st choice) I go to UF in Gainesville now tho, but I had a 73 PCAT in October with a 3.2 GPA. I have 2 yrs pharmacy experience and REALLY good LORs... it's not all about the grades - but then again I am below the UF average. Haven't gotten my new Jan PCAT scores yet.

Hi,
I just got my scores, the composite is 83; It could have been higher if I had done better in both English based parts, my percentile is 28 in comprehension and 47 in verbal, will I be able to get into a school with this?

Why do people compalin with an 83??? I just want a 75!!!! Where is my mailman???????

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,
I'm not complaining, I just don't know how it works. I recently got my citizenship and this is my first time of taking this test. I just hope the school I applied to doesn't look at just those two low grades, you know must people believe that foreigners aren't good in English and I sure proved them right.

Hi,
I just got my scores, the composite is 83; It could have been higher if I had done better in both English based parts, my percentile is 28 in comprehension and 47 in verbal, will I be able to get into a school with this?

I'm in the same situation as you, i below 50 on reading and verbal but 90s in everythign else and ended up with 85. The schools i applied to said they require a 70 in every section :thumbdown:

Hi,
I'm not complaining, I just don't know how it works. I recently got my citizenship and this is my first time of taking this test. I just hope the school I applied to doesn't look at just those two low grades, you know must people believe that foreigners aren't good in English and I sure proved them right.

I disagree!!! No matter how good you are at speaking English, how are you going to compete with native speakers? I got in with a 59 and have another interview coming up and I know plenty of people that got in with the score of around 70. There are very few schools that look at every sections, and even if they do, they look more at the science and math sections.

Hi,
Do you think Hampton university looks at individual score? It's the only university I applied to.

May be Hampton do..i know the fact that i applied there too. So i am presently waitin for mt PCAT score. I hope is good, eventhough this is my fisr time taking the test.

Do u receive any letter from Hampton about your application..i mean something like an interview schedule.

Verbal: 428/87
Biology: 414/73
Comprehension: 451/98
Quant: 407/65
Chem: 402/58
Writing: 4
Composite: 420/84

I hope the relatively low scores in Chemistry and Quant will be acceptable. Now we're just waiting to hear from schools.

My composite score was 405 and My percentile was 57%.

How come people who got 420 got 84% and I only have 57%??? I'm confused...and sad.

Apparently different parts of the test carry different weights. From what I can tell, the verbal ability/comprehensive/writing count for more than the other parts.