PCAT Score Policy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WaytotheDawn

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know each school has its own policy on what PCAT scores they accept. But does anyone know if the majority of schools focus only on the composite score rather than the individual scores? Also, if you have 2 scores, do schools average the composite scores or simply focus on the higher one? The thing is, I got an 86 for my composite score on the August PCAT, but my verbal and reading comp were in the 50s. I'm already registered to take the October PCAT, but I'm considering cancelling that score because I don't want the chance of getting a lower score. If I do, I feel schools will look and frown upon that. Any thoughts?
 
Well, this thread discussed it just a couple days ago...still on the same page!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=767455

Many schools that I have seen like 70+ in Chem and Bio to be considered competitive. I am not aware of any schools that have a minimum for RC or vocab, but I am sure they are out there and others can speak better to this.

Honestly, with your scores I would not worry at all with a 50+ in RC/vocab if your Chem/Bio are 80+. That is just my opinion though. Good luck!
 
Well, this thread discussed it just a couple days ago...still on the same page!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=767455

Many schools that I have seen like 70+ in Chem and Bio to be considered competitive. I am not aware of any schools that have a minimum for RC or vocab, but I am sure they are out there and others can speak better to this.

Honestly, with your scores I would not worry at all with a 50+ in RC/vocab if your Chem/Bio are 80+. That is just my opinion though. Good luck!

Well, actually I did get an 80 on Bio and 96 on Chem, with a 93 on Math. But I've been hearing things about how schools focus on Reading Comp and Verbal as well, so I was hoping someone could clear that up for me. But thanks for your input.
 
I know each school has its own policy on what PCAT scores they accept. But does anyone know if the majority of schools focus only on the composite score rather than the individual scores? Also, if you have 2 scores, do schools average the composite scores or simply focus on the higher one? The thing is, I got an 86 for my composite score on the August PCAT, but my verbal and reading comp were in the 50s. I'm already registered to take the October PCAT, but I'm considering cancelling that score because I don't want the chance of getting a lower score. If I do, I feel schools will look and frown upon that. Any thoughts?

If a school doesn't admit you with ur great score, honestly that school doesnot deserve you. Pleanty of school will admit you in a heartbit if your GPA is as good as ur PCAT.