PCAT score (Sep 24th 2012)

Started by umsharm2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

umsharm2

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys took the pcat for the first time and my scores are as follows:

PCAT SS(%)

Verbal Ability 416 (74)

Biology 434 (91) (Microbio major so really no surprises here)

RC 403 (56)

QA 390 (27)

Chemistry 410 (56)

Composite (410) (68)



The one that stands out is QA which I mean i barely studied for it hoping it wouldnt be hard but I am taking calculus 2 to strengthen it. RC included some questions that I thought were kind of unfair to international students (I am canadian) so I did not know terminolgy or whatever associated with (sorry I cannot be specific I do not want to be in trouble for disclosing any PCAT material that is unauthorized to do so.) I found that the practice tests were not a accurate representation of the difficulty of the real tests. I have to say their are 2-3x harder more calculations in chemistry and math.

the schools I want to apply to are UBC and U of T. The other american schools that I listed for CAS are:

Chicago State
College of Notre Dame of MD
Purdue University Lafayette
University of MN (Minneapolis)
USC LA
PharmCAS-Watertown
Howard U School of Pharm
Rosalind Franklin U of MEd/sCience
Touro College
MA College Pharm
U of Sciences in Philly

There is no where my score right now will make me competitive right?
 
the schools I want to apply to are UBC and U of T. The other american schools that I listed for CAS are:

Chicago State
College of Notre Dame of MD
Purdue University Lafayette
University of MN (Minneapolis)
USC LA
PharmCAS-Watertown
Howard U School of Pharm
Rosalind Franklin U of MEd/sCience
Touro College
MA College Pharm
U of Sciences in Philly

There is no where my score right now will make me competitive right?

Wait. PharmCAS is a school?
 
IMO you fall within the average range for PCAT scores. We don't know your ECs, GPA and other things to give you a good idea on how competitive you are as an applicant but by ONLY looking at your PCAT score, you probably might want to consider looking at each of the schools you plan to apply to and try to find the class PCAT averages.

Is it an average score? Like I said in the first sentence, yes.
Is it a competitive score? Not likely.
 
I just received my scores today:

My composite score is 94 PR, all but QA are in the 90's, but my SS are all between 400 and 445. The 94 PR seems great but then the scaled scores seem average. So did I do great, or average?
 
I just received my scores today:

My composite score is 94 PR, all but QA are in the 90's, but my SS are all between 400 and 445. The 94 PR seems great but then the scaled scores seem average. So did I do great, or average?

You did pretty damn amazing and nowhere near average. Be happy man. I got a 91 composite and I'm jumping for joy. 👍