PCAT Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

youeyepharm

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the PCAT something that an average intelligent person could study for and get a stellar score? Or does it require a lot of "natural" smarts?
 
Is the PCAT something that an average intelligent person could study for and get a stellar score? Or does it require a lot of "natural" smarts?

Most of these standardized tests are something you can train for.

For example, I took the SAT only once, not really knowing much about the exam. I wound up with a mediocre score. Some of my classmates scored 200-300 points higher than me.

Meanwhile, in pre-calculus, I had a 100% average, while some of the same people were struggling to get a C or a D.

Said people weren't very good in their classes, but they trained (and took the course) for the SAT.
 
I was just asking my friend the same question the other day. She got around an 1100-1200 on the SAT, and in the 90 percentiles on the PCAT. She also said that the first time around she took the PCAT she got a 27 in the reading,then studied, and got a 90 in that section. She also said she STUDIED A LOT!! But also I think it has to do with luck, in that you get the form that has material (for bio/chem/math/verbal) that you studied for...and maybe some good karma will help too. 😉

Also, she took the pcat in '04..and from the sound of it, it seems like Harcourt is making the exam more difficult overall, starting this year..but I dunno...