pcat score

Started by swaps
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

swaps

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i took pcat 26th sept 2012 , my composite score is 382 the print out they gave right aftr the exam had this score
did i do good or bad ???
do i hav any chances of gettin into a pharmacy school 🙁
 
unless you have a bachelors and/or will only apply to schools that do not require the pcat. a 382 is like a 20 percent or something correct? there is no way that will get you anywhere, minimum you need is in the 50th percentile. good luck and i hope you get in this cycle 🙂
 
You didnt do that well, to be honest. But its alright, ive talked to about 15 schools that I want to apply to and all of them said that PCAT isnt that important to get into pharmacy school. All schools usually look at your GPA primarily and not PCAT scores. But you should retake it again because having a good PCAT score will only make you more competitive.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What if your GPA's prereq and overall are low, but your PCAT score is much higher in comparison. Do
you think they will put more weight on the PCAT?
I have asked many schools this question and the answer is no, sadly. Not much emphasis is put on the PCAT, im not sure why, but every school I said to said GPA was the primary thing they looked at. I had pretty bad Gen Chem grades but my PCAT Chem grade was in the 99% and schools said that the PCAT score definitely helped my chances of getting in, but they would rather take someone with better Gen Chem grades.
 
I guess I can understand why PCAT is secondary. They're trying to predict how you will do in their program and looking at your grades when you are taking a heavy class load is a better predictor than a
5 hour exam that someone can get lucky on.